Composites UK and DiT
The Department for International Trade (DiT) (was UKTI) works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets through exports. It encourages and supports overseas companies to look at the UK as the best place to set up or expand their business.
Trade Access Programme and the JEC Show
TAP Grants avaialble for JEC World 2017, Paris Nord Villepinte, France
Composites UK is the accredited industry trade association (ATO) for the DiT’s Trade Access Programme (TAP) in the composites industry for the JEC World Show in Paris Nord Villepinte, France. Put simply, SMEs can apply for a grant (which is usually around £1500), to help towards the costs of exhibiting at this show. All TAP applications for JEC World (Paris Nord Villepinte, France) must be processed through Composites UK.
You do not need to be a member of Composites UK to apply for one of these grants.
Composites UK has 15 grants (0 left, 15 already allocated) of £1500 available to participating eligible SMEs for the JEC World show in Paris from 14-16 March 2017.
To apply, complete the application form and return to the Composites UK office.
Trade Access Programme and Other Shows
For any other overseas exhibition, you need to contact your local DiT International Trade Adviser (ITA) Team who will discuss your plans with you and also, if appropriate, discuss other forms of help that UKTI may be able to offer you. To find your local DiT ITA either contact Composites UK or visit the DiT website.
The CEA (the Construction Equipment Association), will run a high impact, cost effective UK Pavilion at Conexpo (Las Vegas) 7-11 March 2017. DiT grant support of £2,000 is available for eligible UK companies exhibiting at Conexpo 2017 on their own stands or the UK pavilion. Conexpo 2017 will showcase the newest equipment, technology and product breakthroughs in construction. For more information about the UK pavillion download the brochure here. To apply for TAP support please complete the Conexpo USA Exhibitor TAP Application Form and return to Joanna Oliver at CEA.
CONEXPO is the largest exhibition in the Western Hemisphere and will feature;
• 2,400 exhibitors showcasing new products and technologies from for every major construction industry .
including asphalt, aggregates, concrete, earthmoving, lifting, mining, utilities and more.
• Over 130,000 attendees that range from contractors, to dealers & / distributors, to service providers,
engineers, producers, municipalities, and more.
• A comprehensive education program during the five-day exposition with sessions emphasising industry issues and trends, / management and applied technology. Website: http://www.conexpoconagg.com
First Time Exporters Package
The annual £20million package will support over ten thousand new exporters in 2015-16.
The package will include:
- A new incubator service to prepare first time exporters for exporting and to encourage them to consider international trade as an integral part of their business planning and future success. The incubators will take the form of practical and highly-interactive workshops.
- Insight visits taking small and medium-sized businesses who are new to exporting to local and accessible markets and introducing them to local support (e.g. commercial staff in embassies, local business support organisations)
- New grant funding to help them prepare and take their first steps as exporters, by contributing to the initial costs that often deter potential exporters.
- Digital exporting support. Digital advisers will provide face-to-face guidance and opportunities to UK exporters on how to make online selling part of their business success.
The package will be delivered both through a strengthened regional delivery arm in the form of a new team of first time exporters International Trade Advisers, as well as through innovative partnerships with UK banks, consultancies and legal firms, reaching their tens of thousands of small and medium-sized clients. More information.