On 2nd November at the National Conference Centre in Birmingham, Composites UK announced the winners of its 2016 industry awards at its prestigious black-tie awards dinner.
The event, which takes place alongside the Advanced Engineering Show, saw 240 people from all over the world come together.
Guests included the Department for International Trade, epm:technology, Pentaxia, Jaguar Land Rover, Maclaren, Aro PR and Marketing, Dark Matter Composites and more.
Eight awards were given out on the evening. The winners were:
- Innovation in Composite Design (Sponsored by National Composites Centre) – Winner: Dura Composites
- Innovation in Composite Manufacture (Sponsored by Composites in Manufacturing Magazine) – Winner: Plataine
- Innovation in Composite Materials (Sponsored by Advanced Engineering Show) – Winner: Sicut Enterprises Ltd
- Environmental/Sustainability Award (Sponsored by Prea Ltd) – Winner: Revaluetech
- Health and Safety Award (Sponsored by Towergate Insurance) – Winner: MPM Ltd
- Employer of the Year (Sponsored by MPM Ltd) – Winner: Safran Nacelles
- Employee of the Year (Sponsored by Composites in Manufacturing Magazine) – Winner: David Hughes, Teledyne CML
- Trainee/Apprentice of the Year (Sponsored by Dark Matter Composites) – Winner: James Kilbane, MPM Ltd
Avner Ben-Bassat, President and CEO of Plataine who took home the Innovation in Composites Manufacture award said of winning; “We are proud and privileged to have won this award which further acknowledges Plataine’s status as a leading global provider of intelligent automation software solutions for the aerospace, automotive and other composite related manufacturing industries. The company is proud to partner with British industry, and will continue to provide its cutting edge technology to help manufacturers deliver the factory of the future.”
Graham Banks, UAP Leader (Composites) of Employer of the Year award winners, Safran Nacelles, added of their win; “I am incredibly proud of the hard work and dedication of the team in ensuring we provide all our employees with a structured and professional development programme whilst working within our composites facility. We work in partnership with our Learning and Development team and through our partnership with Composites UK we have jointly developed the bronze award for Operator Training. So far we have accredited over one hundred people at this standard. This award reflects true teamwork and dedication!”
The next Composites UK Awards Dinner will take place on Wednesday 1st November 2017, again at the National Conference Centre. Early bird bookings are now being taken via the website.