Composites UK has revealed its shortlist for the 2016 composites industry awards.
Claire Whysall, Communications Manager for Composites UK said; “We have received an exceptional amount of entries this year which our judges spent two months over the summer debating and scoring, narrowing the shortlist down to just two stand-out nominations per category. However there were two categories where the winners had a clear lead in the scoring and we have pleasure in announcing those today.”
The 2016 shortlisted entries for each award are as follows:
- Innovation in Manufacture – Plataine | National Composites Centre in collaboration with Jaguar Land Rover
- Innovation in Design – Dura Composites | Frewer Engineering
- Environmental/Sustainability Award – AEP Polymers | Revaluetech
- Trainee/Apprentice Award – James Kilbane, MPM Ltd | Harry Almond, National Composites Centre
- Employee of the Year – Sam Burgess/Kelly Ellis, Composites Integration | David Hughes, Teledyne CML Composites
- Employer of the Year – National Composites Centre | Safran Nacelles
The 2016 winning entries announced today are:
- Health and Safety Award – MPM Limited
- Innovation in Materials – Sicut Enterprises Ltd
The Innovation Award nominees will be showcasing their work at an open forum presentation session at the Advanced Engineering Show on Wednesday 2nd November from 4pm – 5pm in forum area 2, with the winners being announced at the Awards Dinner the same evening at the National Motorcycle Museum. 300 people are expected to be in attendance.
Claire continued; “The awards dinner is going from strength-to-strength each year showing the solidarity of the UK composites industry. Many come to enjoy the evening with their employees after a productive day at the Advanced Engineering Show whilst others invite their customers to thank them for their support.
“The sponsorship packages surrounding the event have also sold at an unprecedented rate with just two bronze package options remaining. It’s great to see smaller companies getting involved with this showing it’s not just the larger organisations who can use the event to promote their business. Moulder, MPM, is our Platinum Sponsor which has less than 50 employees. Consultancy firm Prea, who has less than 10 employees, are providing the award trophies.”
Other event sponsors include the National Composites Centre, Cygnet Texkimp and Towergate Insurance, with Composites in Manufacturing Magazine being the headline media partners for the event.
Bookings for tables of ten or individual seats are being taken. Composites UK members receive discounted rates.