On 1st November Composites UK revealed the winners of its industry awards at its prestigious black-tie dinner held at the National Motorcycle Museum.
The event, which takes place alongside the Advanced Engineering Show, saw 250 people from around the world gather to celebrate the innovations of the UK composites industry and the people behind them.
Guests included McLaren, GKN Aerospace, Pentaxia, Safran Nacelles, FRIMO, R-Tech Materials, Aro PR and Marketing and Sigmatex, with a keynote speech from Iain Bomphray of Williams Advanced Engineering which challenged the UK composites industry to strive to be world-class with the opportunity of significant growth predicted across all sectors.
Ten awards were given out on the evening. The winners were:
• Trainee/Apprentice of the Year (Sponsored by Dark Matter Composites) – Winner: Thomas Rockwood, Sigmatex
• Employee of the Year (Sponsored by NetComposites) – Winner: Stephen Dyer, Safran
• Employer of the Year (Sponsored by Colorplas) – Winner: MHI Vestas Offshore
• Environmental/Sustainability Award (Sponsored by Briar Associates) – Winner: Sigmatex
• Health and Safety Award (Sponsored by Towergate Insurance) – Winner: Hexion
• Innovation in Composite Manufacture (Sponsored by Axillium) – Winner: Cygnet Texkimp
• Innovation in Composite Design (Sponsored by Advanced Engineering Show) – Joint winners: Cape & Lentus Composites
• Innovation in Composite Materials (Sponsored by National Composites Centre) – Winner: Fiba Tech Industries
• Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry – Winner: Ian Chatting
An in-depth focus of all the award winning entries is now available here.
Composites UK would like to thank all of the event sponsors and guests, particularly for contributing to the outstanding amount which was fundraised for the MS Society of £1580.
The next Composites UK Awards Dinner will take place on Wednesday 31st October 2018, again at the National Motorcycle Museum.