Composites UK has revealed its shortlist for the 2019 composites industry awards, which will be presented at the annual awards dinner on 30th October at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham, coinciding with the Advanced Engineering Show.
The 2019 shortlisted entries for each award are as follows (announced in alphabetical order):
- Innovation in Manufacture – Airbond | Surface Generation
- Innovation in Design – Cecence | Dura Composites
- Innovation in Materials – Gurit | Technical Fibre Products
- Start-Up Business of the Year – iCOMAT |Mouldbox
- Sustainability Award – Coventive Composites | Gurit | Prodrive Composites
- Trainee/Apprentice Award – Jessica Sugden, MPM | Nia Jones, National Composites Centre
- Employer of the Year – Pentaxia | Teledyne CML Composites
- Employee of the Year – Jonny Haley, MPM | Danny Buckett, Sigmatex
On the evening we will also be celebrating a person in the industry who has gone above and beyond in their work to further the UK composites industry by presenting an Outstanding Contribution award.
The shortlisted entries for the innovation award categories will be showcasing their work at an open forum presentation session at the Advanced Engineering Show on Wednesday 30th October from 14:30 – 15:30.
Bookings for tables of ten or individual seats at the dinner are being taken until 23rd October, with Composites UK members receiving discounted rates. The evening will be compared by Nick Bradley of IMPACTUS, with presentations from Ken Smart, Executive Director of Business Strategy at McLaren Automotive and Sarah Cruddas, Space Journalist, TV Host and Author. This year the dinner will raise funds for Parkinson’s UK and the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Composites UK would like to thank event partners FRIMO and Zund (UK) Limited, and award sponsors the Advanced Engineering Show, Axillium Research, Engel, Minden Dust Extraction, MPM, Pegbox Technical Recruitment and Surface Generation.