The Composites Leadership Forum (CLF) is working to influence the Government and other bodies to bring together support for composites and ensure growth and industrial success for the UK.
The CLF has several working groups and clusters covering key growth areas for the UK composites industry.
On 24th May 2018 at the University of Nottingham, the CLF’s Workforce Development Group will host an event that will bring together a broad range of industry representatives along with key suppliers of workforce development in the further educational market.
Staff development is a vital part of running any successful business and is key for success of the composites industry in the UK. Retraining and upskilling existing employees via CPD is as important to this success as training those new to the workforce, whether that’s ensuring composites knowledge in relevant degree courses or engaging in apprenticeship schemes.
Topics covered at this event are:
- The growing range of education and training opportunities at all levels.
- Short term workforce challenges that are affecting business performance.
- The potential demands on education and training providers as new technologies and markets emerge to enable early action that ensures the UK remains competitive.
- The scope for Level 2 apprenticeships or alternative solutions to meet industry need for shop floor training.
- The market need for higher level and degree apprenticeships.
- Interest in the proposed suite of modular CPD courses being developed in response to demand at graduate and post-graduate levels.
Composites UK is organising this event on behalf of the CLF as one of its delivery partners. Bookings can be made via the Composites UK website and is open to all. This event is free-of-charge.