Composites UK has revealed its shortlist for the 2018 composites industry awards, which will be presented at the annual awards dinner on 31st October at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham, coinciding with the Advanced Engineering Show.
The 2018 shortlisted entries for each award are as follows (announced in alphabetical order):
- Innovation in Manufacture – Mouldbox | Rockwood Composites
- Innovation in Design – GRM Consulting on behalf of CLASS Tieblade Knuckle | TWI Limited
- Innovation in Materials – Graphene Composites Limited | Gurit (UK) Ltd
- Trainee/Apprentice Award – Aaron Johnson, Leonardo Helicopters | Daniel Pheasant, Pentaxia
- Employer of the Year – MHI Vestas | MPM Limited
- Employee of the Year – Wendy Charlesworth, GRP Solutions | Ben Jennings, Group Rhodes Limited
The Association is also in a position to announce the outright winner of the Environmental/Sustainability Award as TRB Lightweight Structures, who submitted an outstanding entry for developing a significantly lighter and green alternative to an aluminium honeycomb rail door leaf.
An award for Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry will also be presented on the evening to a person who has gone above and beyond in their work to further UK composites.
The shortlisted entries for the innovation award categories will be showcasing their work at an open forum presentation session at the Advanced Engineering Show on Wednesday 31st October from 14:30 – 15:30 (Composites Forum).
Bookings for tables of ten or individual seats at the dinner are being taken until 19th October. Composites UK members receive discounted rates.
The event is sponsored by the National Composites Centre, Axillium Research, Fluency Marketing, the Advanced Engineering Show and Briar Associates. Limited sponsorship options remain.