IMechE and Professional Engineering are hosting a week of free webinars looking at sustainability in engineering, from 27 September - 1 October.
As part of this, Composites UK will be holding an hour-long session on why fibre polymer composites are the material of choice for a net zero sustainable world. Chaired by Composites UK’s Sustainability Manager, Malcolm Forsyth, the webinar will see presentations from Alan Banks (Ford Motor Company), Martin Halpin (Construction Composites) and Samantha Bunyan (Cecence).
The Composites UK session takes place on Thursday 30th September at 11.30am. Other sustainability sessions taking place that week are:
- Engineering a Sustainable Future (hosted by IMechE)
- Improving Sustainability through Technology Innovations: the role of Engineering Simulations (hosted by Ansys)
- Tackling the #climatemergency: Here’s how (hosted by Women’s Engineering Society)
- Automotive Engineering Technology: How advancements in engineering push the sector forward sustainably (hosted by SMMT)
- How to make compressed air generation less expensive and more sustainable (hosted by Atlas Copco Compressors).
For more details about this event, visit the website: https://engineering-futures.co.uk/sustainability-in-engineering/