Granta Design Limited is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of ANSYS Inc.
The combination of Granta and ANSYS will be good for customers, staff, and the Granta mission to drive forward materials information technology. By joining the ANSYS family, Granta becomes part of a stronger organisation, with more scope to invest in the product and global service capabilities required by today’s engineering enterprises.
Granta are keen to emphasise the following points to its current customers:
- Granta will become a new Business Unit within ANSYS, continuing current operations
- There is no change in its support for all sectors that it serves: Engineering Enterprises, Research, and Education
- All products, customer commitments, collaborations, consortia, and planned events continue
- Granta and ANSYS are committed to collaboration and open eco systems. Both organisations have a strong track record in this regard and it is Granta's intent to continue to support and develop all existing Granta integrations with third party CAD, CAE, and PLM systems
- The Granta account management and service teams are unchanged.
In the short-term customers, partners, and other contacts can expect to see very little change to their work with Granta. Over the long-term, Granta expects to be able to accelerate its delivery of industry-leading materials information technology.