The International Conference on Manufacturing of Advanced Composites (ICMAC) is a forum for both academic and industrial delegates to share ideas and approaches and showcase world-leading manufacturing research for advanced composites, recognising and responding to industry needs.
The 2020 event will take place on 26 - 27 August at the University of Edniburgh, Scotland, and will offer a mix of keynote papers presented by internationally renowned experts and presentations chosen from peer-reviewed abstracts, all of which will cover a diverse range of industry sectors. The presentations will be a blend of original, academic research papers with leading-edge manufacturing development and case studies from the composites industry. Leading global researchers and practitioners in composites manufacturing will offer Keynote Lectures during the conference.
The conference will be preceded by the UK EPSRC Future Composites Manufacturing Hub Open Day at the same venue on Tuesday 25 August.
The Call for Papers is open. Abstracts may be submitted in the area of manufacturing of fibre-reinforced polymer composite materials, with preference being given to the following general themes: New and novel manufacturing technologies.
- Use of digital technologies in manufacturing
- Automated deposition and processing technologies
- Sustainable manufacture
- Out-of-Autoclave and Vacuum-Bag-Only processing for large structures
- 3D printing, additive and hybrid manufacturing of composites
- Design for manufacture via validated simulation
- Characterisation of composite material flow and processing behaviour
- Manufacturing for multifunctional composites and integrated structures
- Inspection, NDE and in-process evaluation
One page abstracts for consideration for the programme should be submitted online. Authors accepted for the programme will be required to submit extended abstracts of up to a maximum of 3 A4 pages, including references and up to 2 figures.
To submit your paper, click here.