Composites UK, the trade association for the UK composites industry, and Fluency Marketing, the advanced materials and advanced engineering focused marketing and conference provider, are pleased to announce the confirmation of the first Keynote Speakers for their three-day peer reviewed international academic conference, focused on the development and application of fibre-reinforced polymer composite materials across the construction and infrastructure sectors.
The confirmed Keynote Speakers include:
- Su Taylor, Dean of Research for the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Science and Professor of Structural Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Samir Dirar, Structural Engineering Professor at the University of Birmingham.
In addition, Neil Appleton, Market Development Lead for Construction at the National Composites Centre, will join the programme providing an industry perspective. Neil’s talk will discuss a recent collaboration with COWI, Marks Barfield Architects and Network Rail.
The conference will be held at the University of Southampton (the birthplace of CoSacNet) between the 7th and 9th September 2021. The conference is now inviting potential speakers to submit an abstract, initially limited to 250 words. This must include contact details of the corresponding author and any affiliation of co-authors. These can be submitted via the website or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 27th November 2020.
Proposed sessions for the conference include, but are not limited to:
- FRP Structures and Components
- Durability, long-term performance and testing
- Damage mechanics and failure criteria
- Design and Analysis
- FRP Reinforcement or Prestressing
- Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete, metallic and timber structures
- Confinement and Prestressed Systems
- Strengthening of Masonry or Steel
- FRP Structures and Joints
Key dates to note:
- Deadline for abstracts 27th November 2020
- Notification of acceptance 29th January 2021
- Deadline for full papers 26th March 2021
- Deadline for reviewer reports 30th April 2021
- Revised Paper Deadline 11th June 2021
All accepted papers will qualify for a special speaker rate of £325.
Gemma Smith, Fluency Marketing Managing Director, comments; “We are really pleased with the level of support from our academic and industry peers. FPCC is set to be a very exciting conference, highlighting the latest developments from global academia.”
Sue Halliwell, Operations Manager, Composites UK added; “We are very much looking forward to FPCC, as it will provide a knowledge transfer link from leading academic institutions and the research they are doing, to the composites supply chain who will also have the opportunity to feedback where their challenges lie.”
Registration is now open and there are fantastic early bird delegate rates available.