At its Annual General Meeting on 16th July, Composites UK announced the six people nominated onto its Board of Directors this year by its member companies.
The Board is made up of 11 Directors (plus others who are co-opted in specialist areas) who are members of Composites UK themselves. Each Board Director is nominated for a term of two years.
Voted in for 2020 – 2022 are (in company order):
- Clara Frias – Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
- Joe Summers - Airborne
- Faye Smith – Avalon Consultancy
- Dominic Hopwood - Bitrez
- Alan Banks – Ford Motor Company
- John Toner – Teledyne CML Composites
Faye Smith and John Toner are re-elected onto the Board, and Clara Frias re-joins after a two-year break. Joe Summers, Dominic Hopwood and Alan Banks are newly welcomed.
The rest of the current Board of Directors comprises of:
- Ben Wilson – MPM Limited (Chairman)
- Jonathan Howard – Dura Composites
- Matt Bradney - Prodrive
- Adam Black – Technical Fibre Products
- Francis Arthur – TRB Lightweight Structures
- Katy Riddington – National Composites Centre (Co-opted Catapult representative)
- Steven Brown – Scott Bader (Co-opted sustainability representative)
The Board of Directors and the Operations Team at Composites UK would like to thank Ben Halford (Surface Generation), Lucas Morgan (AMRC), Chris Little (Consuta Training) and Scott Tolson who have now left the Board, all having made invaluable contributions to help steer the Association.