At its Annual General Meeting on 15th June, Composites UK announced the five people nominated onto its Board of Directors this year by its member companies.
The Board is made up of 11 Directors (plus others who are co-opted in specialist areas) who are members of Composites UK themselves. Each Board Director is nominated for a term of two years.
Voted in for 2021 – 2023 are (in company order):
- Luke Vardy – Cygnet Texkimp
- Jonathan Howard – Dura Composites Ltd
- Ben Wilson – MPM Ltd
- Matt Bradney – Prodrive Composites Ltd
- Adam Black – Technical Fibre Products Ltd
Jonathan, Ben, Matt and Adam are re-elected onto the Board. Luke Vardy is newly welcomed.
Luke Vardy of Cygnet Texkimp commented: “I am delighted to join the Board of Composites UK and to be part of an organisation that is committed to bringing together and creating new opportunities for every element of the UK composites market.
“Cygnet Texkimp’s own relationship with Composites UK has been extremely positive in terms of the support we have received and the connections we have made. My ambition is to see more SMEs access the benefits that membership brings.”
The rest of the current Board of Directors comprises of:
- Joe Summers – Airborne Composites Ltd
- Clara Frias – Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
- Faye Smith – Avalon Consultancy Services Ltd (Vice Chair)
- Dominic Hopwood – Bitrez Ltd
- Alan Banks – Ford Motor Company
- John Toner – Teledyne CML Composites (Chairman)
- Katy Riddington – National Composites Centre (Co-opted - Catapult representative)
- Steven Brown – Scott Bader Company Ltd (Co-opted - Sustainability specialist)
- Scott Tolson (Co-opted – Finance)
The Board of Directors and the Operations Team at Composites UK would like to thank Francis Arthur of TRB Lightweight Structures who has now left the Board, having made an invaluable contribution to help steer the Association over the past two years.