The Composites Leadership Forum (CLF) is seeking nominations to fill the role of Chairperson of the Forum. The CLF, formed in 2012 to provide leadership and direction to the UK Composites Industry oversees delivery of the 2016 UK Composites Strategy. It brings together key national bodies from the composites sector, end-sector groups, academia and UK government.
Ken Smart, CLF Chair, is standing down after a 2-year term of office and so the Forum is now looking for a key industry individual to Chair the main CLF committee. The main aspects of the role include chairing the quarterly CLF committee meetings and representing CLF in front of Government, at key conferences, events and to the press and other bodies (typically 8 occasions per annum). The full terms of reference are provided below.
Candidates should be well recognised & respected within the composites industry, have the stature & statesmanship to represent the industry and must be from an industrial background.
To nominate yourself for this role please send a short (250 word) résumé clearly explaining the experience and knowledge you could bring to the CLF to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Dr Sue Halliwell, by 15th April 2021. Candidates will be shortlisted and a new chair selected therefrom.
Chair Appointment – Terms of Reference
- The Chair will be drawn from Industry
- Appointment is subject to CLF Committee approval, where there is more than one nomination; selection will be by Committee vote
- This is a voluntary position. The CLF cannot provide any remuneration for this post
- Tenure will be reviewed annually
Duties – The Chair will
- Manage the delivery of the UK Composites Strategy, including its validation and any necessary fund raising
- Set meeting agendas and manage CLF meetings in accordance with agreed constitution & aims
- Represent the CLF in discussions with BEIS, Industry and other Stakeholders
- Work with the key support organisations to ensure consistency and coordination of delivery to meet CLF objectives
- Provide the ‘Voice of Industry’ for industries manufacturing and/or using composites
- Quarterly CLF meetings with additional activities as required.
Key Objectives for 2021
- Review the roll-out & delivery of the UK Composites strategy and relevant industry data.
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Lobby at high level to ensure continued Government support
- Oversee progress of Working Groups