Pipex px has announced its latest off-site manufacturing capabilities for corrosion resistant components in fibre-reinforced polyment composite materials (FRPs), with completion of its new Resin Infusion Centre of Excellence (RICE) factory building at its Plymouth, UK, headquarters.
The company says that RICE is complemented by its existing Engineering Services Department supplying composites design services such as FEA, CFD etc, Strongwell Corporation pultrusion technology material stocks and its other various advanced manufacturing factories all based at the same Plymouth location, providing customers with a one-stop-shop supply source all under one roof for FRP materials and bespoke fabrications.
The RICE is available for a wide range of resin infusion material needs, including epoxy, polyester, vinylester, phenolic as well as E-glass, aramid, carbon fibre and structural cores and home to one of the UK’s largest 5-axis CNC machines, designed & built in-house by Pipex px Engineers and with a footprint measuring 30M long x 9M wide x 6M high. In addition to the CNC facilities, RICE also features dedicated temperature and dust controlled ultra-clean factory environments to facilitate a multitude of lean & efficient composite manufacturing processes. This includes:
- Vacuum Infusion technologies including Silicone Bagging & Ciject II Resin Injection machines;
- Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) manufacture;
- Pultrusion/Resin Infusion Co-Bonding technologies;
- Manufacture with Pre-preg & SPRINT;
- Wet lay-up / lamination;
- Mould, Tool & Plug design & manufacture up to 25M long x 5M wide x 2.5M high;
- Modular Clean Room facilities;
- Data logging temperature controlled electric curing ovens;
- 10 tonne overhead cranes;
- Spray painting booths;
- Integrated Vacuum Ring Main serving Clean Room housing CNC matt cutter, ovens & very-large structures fabrication & assembly area; and
- Compression moulding.