Last month, Pipex px supplied and installed 60 linear metres of fibre-reinforced polymer (FRP) single-face parapet fencing to replace rotten timber parapet fencing along a small road bridge in Lancashire, UK.
The original timber parapet fencing was in very poor condition and was supported by corroded metallic angles; posing a great risk to public safety.
Pipex px says its FRP parapet replacement, manufactured from EXTREN and SAFPLANK FRP profiles, is strong, durable, and corrosion resistant, with a design life expectancy of 60+ years.
Manufactured off-site in modular sections, the parapet fencing was installed onto pre-cast threaded anchors resulting in a fast installation (installed in less than a week), therefore reducing disruption to local residents and reducing risk for on-site personnel completing the refurbishment.
Pipex px says the other benefits to using FRP fencing as a replacement are:
- Smooth front and rear face versions available
- Lightweight - faster to install & no heavy machinery required
- Non-conductive - ideal for electrified environments
- Fire retardant
- Superior structural integrity
- Bespoke design to suit customer requirements - wide range of colours and finishes available
- Minimal maintenance
- Our parapet modules feature versatile adjustment so can be adapted on-site if required
- All profiles manufactured to BS EN 10204:2004 Cert 3.1 Quality Assurance
For technical advice, contact Simon Eves on 01752 581200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org