Sharp and Tappin are proud to add Renault Sport Racing to its expanding list of F1 and blue-chip engineering clients. Earlier in the year Sharp and Tappin installed and commissioned one of their Compcut 200 composite plate saws at Renaults test facility in Enstone, Oxfordshire.
The recent feedback received from the team at Renault reinforces Sharp & Tappins belief that their Compcut 200 is the leading technology for the preparation of composite test samples in the test lab environment.
Maria Brooks (Renault Sport Racing, Senior Materials Laboratory Technician) said: “Sharp & Tappin installed and commissioned the Compcut 200 in Renault Sport Racing in January and we are delighted with the plate saw. Renault Sport Racing is a competitive F1 motorsports team, so all testing work including preparation needs to be of the highest quality and standard, which is what we get with the Compcut
200. Productivity of the materials testing laboratory has increased significantly since January as the Compcut 200 allows us to setup and run multiple panels and specimen cuts automatically.
"The machine is fully automated and positions the material after each cut removing the need to stop/start the saw to remove a cut specimen and realign and clamp. The Compcut 200 gives us high quality test specimens with an excellent edge finish within the tight tolerances expected consistently cut after cut. The level of service provided over the course of the 6 months from Sharp & Tappin has been excellent and the Compcut 200 has a compact footprint and is extremely simple to clean and maintain.”
Ben Sharp (Sharp & Tappin – Technical Director) added: "We are extremely proud that our latest machines are now proving themselves at the highest levels of engineering. It has been a pleasure working with both Maria and Jerome from Renault Sport Racing. We had been in discussions with them both since the Advanced Engineering show back in 2017 where they viewed one of our pre-production Compcut 200’s. Their initial comments and feedback helped us to hone the final production model, and our flexibility, commitment to product performance and support gave them the confidence to purchase the machine."
The Compcut 200 is the latest in Sharp & Tappin’s range of advanced composite saws and offers clients a host of features including: -
- Compact size with a small footprint
- High quality surface finish allowing immediate testing
- Clear working area visibility
- Excellent perpendicularity and parallelism
- Ability to run multiple specimen cuts
- Automatic material positioning and innovative clamping
- Both dry and wet cutting options
- Fully enclosed work area ensures user safety
- Automated control and part programme capability for consistent results
The Compcut 200 has been specifically designed to offer composite research and development teams and test centres a highly sophisticated, robust and easy to use plate saw which is economical on both space and price.