CAD/CAM and MES specialist Tebis has announced the latest release of Tebis Version 4.0 Release 9. The new release implemented numerous advanced functions to automate everyday CNC machining CAM tasks and improve productivity, quality and safety.
CAM – Automation
Flexible NC programs with bore patterns
- Element selection in Feature machining has been extended, allowing the user to select Features in the same tilt direction and plane and with the same dimensions and NCSet. This allows the output of NC programs to be more flexible in modifying the drilling positions in the control.
- Automatically detect spot face depth
- Machining of bores and standard pockets are more simplified. The spot face depths can also be automatically determined when scanning Features.
CAM – Milling
Reliable milling by accounting for the machine head
- With the new Tebis release, the user can generate collision-free toolpaths even more easily. The head or the table can be turned interactively within the bounds of the machine’s kinematics to better access the milling areas during calculation – a significant advantage for asymmetric heads. This is especially useful for 5-axis machining.
- Finish contours with radius correction with downward machining
- A new strategy is available for downward machining on contour finishing. This can also be combined with roughing in an NCJob and also generated with radius correction.
- Faster completion with separate offset values
- An additional axial or radial allowance can be assigned to enable roughing with a different allowance in flat and steep areas.
- Best surface quality with 3to5-axis machining
- Machine the best surfaces with the "3to5-axis" collision avoidance strategy. The positions of the rotational axis are now better synchronised for adjacent toolpaths. The tool also pivots more smoothly to the new tilt direction in corners. The new analysis function in interactive calculation can be used to evaluate the tilt angle of the A/B axis, the rotation angle of the C axis, the change in angle per path and the height profile before manufacturing surfaces at top quality.
CAM – Lathe
Improved cutting data management for turning tools
- The improved cutting data management for turning tools can be automatically applied in contour turning and downward machining. This always allows to use the best cutting data on each machine group for each material and each machining type.
- Reliable turning calculations with the tool carrier
- Collisions avoidance with the tool carrier and this enables fast and reliable calculation of NC programs, even for complex machining operations.
CAM – Machine technology
More machining options with free-rotation axis
- Collisions can be prevented with a different head rotation, the kinematics configurations of the virtual machines can be used to set the rotation axis with a degree of freedom at the desired value.
CAQ – Measure
Increased productivity thanks to measurement integrated in the process
- Completely integrate your measuring tasks in the manufacturing process – easily and with reliable collision protection. Integrated tolerance testing can be performed to determine whether the order can continue to be machined or must be interrupted. This results in a reliable and highly automated process with combined milling, turning and measurement operations that prevent damage to tools and machines. This results in a shorter setup and machining time, higher component quality and fewer correction grinding operations.