Technical Fibre Products (TFP) will be exhibiting their nonwoven solutions for advanced composites at CAMX, Anaheim from 24-26 September.
On display will be materials from TFP’s Optiveil®, Optimat® and Tecnofire® ranges, specifically designed for use in composites. These materials, which constitute the lightest weight and broadest range of wetlaid nonwovens in the world, can fulfil a number of functions in an advanced composite structure. These include:
- Enabling a high quality, resin rich surface finish.
- Imparting surface functionality such as EMI shielding, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, electrical conductivity and static dissipation.
- Providing a lightweight, effective carrier or support for adhesive films & fragile materials. The veil ensures a defined and consistent film thickness whilst improving handling and resilience.
- Delivering highly effective, integrated fire protection at the surface of a composite without compromising the integrity of the structure.
- Increasing the mode-I and mode-II interlaminar fracture toughness of a composite structure by up to 400%!
- Acting as a resin flow medium to provide enhanced resin transportation in both inter-laminar and surface regions. Optiveil® & Optimat® remove the need to use additional flow media and ultimately lower resin usage and scrap.
- Preventing galvanic corrosion; TFP’s dielectric nonwovens act as an electrically isolating layer between dissimilar conductive materials to prevent the electrochemical reaction that causes galvanic corrosion.
TFP also specialises in developing or adapting materials to meet customer specific performance, processing and aesthetic requirements. This is enabled by extensive product development capabilities, ranging from proof of concept lab work to trials, full scale manufacture and converting via lamination and nanocoating. Talk to the team on booth N30 at CAMX to find out more about TFP’s capability and explore how our materials can help deliver a solution to your technical challenge.