Returning for a sixth year, Thermoplastic Composites will take place on 3rd October 2019 in London.
This joint event, organised by Composites UK and the British Plastics Federation (BPF), will provide delegates with an exploration of how thermoplastic composites will be used in aircraft of the future.
The event will showcase the very latest technological developments and new approaches in the field of thermoplastic composites. The one-day seminar will look at topics including over moulding, hybrid moulding and perforated composites.
Topics and speakers include:
- ATI Roadmap/Strategy on the Future for Thermoplastic Composites in Aerospace - Alex Hickson, Aerospace Technology Institute
- A New Approach to Hybrid Moulding - Chris Hare, Coventive Composites
- Mechanical and Damping Performance of Hybrid Natural Fibre, Recycled and Virgin Carbon Fibre Laminates - Peter Wilson, WMG
- Composites Large Scale Projects - Hannah Tew, AMRC
- Recent Developments in Thermoplastic Composite Overmoulding - Sean Cooper, National Composites Centre
- Perforated Composites: Manufacturing, Modelling, and Industrial Applications - Chris Worrall, TWI Limited
- Manufacturing Process Simulation for Thermoplastic Composites - Louis Barnes, Wilde Analysis
- Over-Moulding Potential for Commercial Structures - Jonathan Powell, Spirit AeroSystems (Europe) Ltd
Composites UK’s Communications Manager, Claire Whysall, said: “We’re excited to be working with the BPF again as this event is always well received and last year even sold out. We’ve never focussed on aerospace applications before but from the response to our call for abstracts it was apparent that aerospace is the sector where thermoplastic composites are a hot topic.”
BPF Senior Commercial Events and Projects Executive Paul Baxter added: ‘We are delighted to be able to include this event in our 2019 schedule in partnership with Composites UK. The programme for the day provides a great balance between technical sessions and broader overviews of the sector and we are sure the programme will appeal to the industry. We are confident that once again this event will be a great success.’
Thermoplastic Composites 2019 is aimed at senior and middle managers from Thermoplastic Composites companies from all sectors and all parts of the UK.
Registration for this event is now open to all. Discounts are available for BPF and Composites UK members.