Tufcot’s technical team have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to try to obtain approvals for Tufcot® materials for various applications and market sectors. One approval that Tufcot's current and prospective customers often require is WRAS approval – Water Regulations Advisory Scheme. Tufcot® T100M material is now WRAS approved.
This is a conformance mark that shows an item can comply with the standards set out by the water regulations allowing for the use of Tufcot® materials to be used in the supply of carrying water from the public mains water supply in the UK. This means the company's products do not cause any waste, misuse or undue use or contamination of the water supply being supplied.
Please see below Tufcot's approval information:
WRAS Approval Number: 1908528
'T100M'. Light grey coloured, polyester composite material, manufactured by sheet lay-up. For use with water up to 23°C.
- Section: 5217 Polyester
- Section Subtitle: Material only. Components made from materials listed in this section may be required to be submitted for audit tests.
- WRAS Approval Number: 1908528
- Expiry date: 31/08/2024
- Supplier: Tufcot Engineering Ltd.
The main applications where you can use Tufcot for WRAS approved areas include:
- Pumps – bushes and bearings
- Filtration Equipment – bushes and bearings
Both for use in potable drinking water supplies.
Tufcot's materials for WRAS approved products are:
- Self-Lubrication of the material.
- No Maintenance needed.
- Minimal to no swell in water.
- Low Friction values.