The Composites Leadership Forum (CLF) will launch the new UK Composites Strategy at the Composites UK annual conference at the University of Manchester on 11th May 2016.
The strategy builds on the success of that published in 2009 and will ensure that the UK maintains its position as one of the world’s leading places for the research and commercial exploitation of composites materials and processes.
The 2016 strategy defines three key aims for industry and government to secure UK market share:
- DELIVER and accelerate organic growth in already established sectors using composites
- DEVELOP developments in technologies and supply chains to capture mid and high volume opportunities
- DIVERSIFY and enable UK industry to make a paradigm shift, taking advantage of composites in emerging user sectors
With underpinning objectives to:
- Foster the growth of composites science research and technology development
- Address the need for assurance regimes and standards enabling the take up of composites in new sectors
- Develop capability in life cycle assessment and costing to show the financial and environmental benefits of composites
- Ensure composites industry growth is environmentally sustainable
- Avoid unnecessary duplication by widening understanding of opportunities and communication between funding bodies
Key recommendations are outlined that will be taken forward by the CLF working groups as they now move into delivery phase. To find out more, how the strategy will impact on your business and how to get involved with the working groups come along on 11th May to hear Alex Aucken, CLF Chair present the critical aspects of the strategy. CLF manufacturing cluster group chairs will also be highlighting the challenges and opportunities in critical areas for UK industry. Make sure you know how to take advantage of this to develop and grow your business.