Composites UK is the Trade Association representing the UK Composites Industry. We are a growing organisation supporting an exciting and rapidly evolving industry. We are now looking to recruit a SME Relationship Manager to support the Operations team and Board of Directors.
As a busy Trade Association, the role will require someone capable of working independently. On-the-job training will be provided as will identification of any necessary training to ensure the individual develops within the role. There is potential to develop the role as the Trade Association continues to grow.
The role will involve understanding the needs and interests of the SME community within the composites industry, providing technical and business development support as required. The role will report to the Operations Manager at Composites UK but will be based at the National Composites Centre (NCC) in Bristol within the NCC Connect Business Unit.
- Interrogate the Composites UK Hub database to understand the sector, markets and organisations
- Understand the needs and requirements of the SME community
- Organise SME engagement events
- Create and maintain an SME engagement and project register
Although the role is based at the NCC in Bristol, you will be required to attend team meetings at the Composites UK office in Berkhamsted, Herts (roughly monthly).
There is a substantial travel element to the role – mainly UK.
- Technical knowledge and experience of the composites industry (engineering and manufacturing)
- Experience of managing projects
- Customer relationship management
- Capability in MS Office suite, CRM software and databases
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident presenter
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good at juggling tasks and taking the initiative
- Efficient, organised and thorough approach to work
- Good team player with ability to work at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to work autonomously
To apply, please send your CV and a short explanation of why you think you would be suitable for the role to Dr Sue Halliwell at email@example.com. Please quote reference CUK-SRM19 in any correspondence.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 10th April 2019
Location: National Composites Centre, Bristol
Full-time role: 37.5 hours pw
Salary: £35- £40K pa depending on experience
Holidays: 25 days holiday pa
Fixed term contract for 12 months