Wessex Resins has created a six-part video series on glass reinforced polymer composite (GRP) boat repairs to help you learn how to repair your fibreglass boat hull like a professional.
The company says that its technical expert David Johnson will run the viewer through every step of the process, from assessing the damage to final coating, meaning you'll be back in the water in no time.
The videos in the series include:
- How to properly assess fibreglass boat damage - David Johnson explains why it's crucial to properly assess the extent of fibreglass boat damage before beginning a repair.
- How to repair a GRP hull like a professional Part 1 - In part 1 David demonstrates how to cut out the damage and conduct a ‘letterbox repair’.
- How to repair a GRP hull like a professional Part 2 - In part 2 find out how to grind the repair before filling with a West System epoxy mix.
- How to repair a GRP hull like a professional Part 3 - In the final part David demonstrates how to complete the GRP hull repair by coating with a mix of West System epoxy and colour pigment.
- How to repair a GRP bow like a professional Part 1 - David’s demonstration of how to use West System epoxy to repair a bow covers: how to assess the damage, calculate bevel, cut out the damage and fill the repair.
- How to repair a GRP bow like a professional Part 2 - David demonstrates how to complete the bow repair. Watch him fair the repair and finally coat with West System epoxy and 501 white pigment.