The Composites UK Aerospace Sector Showcase returns on Thursday 19th April 2018 at AMRC in Rotherham.
Fibre reinforced polymer composites (FRPs) are used in aerospace in applications such as engine blades, brackets, interiors, nacelles, propellers/rotors, single aisle wings, wide body wings and more. Join us for a series of case study presentations looking at recent success stories and technical developments, accompanied by ten table-top exhibitors who already supply composite solutions into the aerospace industry.
Overview and Strategy
- Setting the Scene: An overview of the UK aerospace industry and funding opportunities - Sameer Savani, Head of Innovation and Engineering, ADS Group
- Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) - strategy development - Mark Summers, Head of Technology (Manufacturing, Materials, & Structures), ATI
- ATI roadmapping results - Faye Smith, Avalon Consultancy Services and Marcello Grassi, Leading Edge Strategy Consulting
- Delivering the composites strategy for aerospace - Craig Carr, Composites Technology Manager, GKN Aerospace & leader of the CLF, Aerospace Group
Supply Chain Development
- Opportunities for composites at Airbus - Jonathan Dee, Senior Wing Architect, Airbus
- Spoiler wing component of the Airbus A320 aircraft - Graeme Ralph, Principle Manufacturing Research and Development Engineer, Spirit AeroSystems
Material & Process Development
- Supporting UK Aerospace: UK investments in unique R&D capabilities at the NCC - Peter Giddings, Engineering and Capability Lead for AFP, National Composites Centre
- Polyimide glass and phenolic cotton laminates for Aerospace applications - David Conlon, Business Development and Matthew D’Arcy, Technical Manager, Attwater Group
- Investing in Aerospace: Pentaxia’s partnership with Martin-Baker to supply military aircraft ejection seats - Russ Meddes, Business Development Director, Pentaxia
- Compound benefits of hybrid composites: Maximising thermosets and thermoplastics - Rob Sutton, TenCate Advanced Composites
- Reducing composites development time through optimized test data workflow and high-quality data access with full traceability - Freddy Moriniere, Application Engineer, Granta Design
- Prospero Graphene in Aerospace - Billy Beggs, Engineering Innovation Manager, University of Central Lancashire
Table-Top Exhibition Space and Sponsorship
Table-top exhibition space has now **sold out**. Click here for a brochure of all other sponsorship options - prices for this event can be found on page 2 under 'Sector Showcases'.
Registration is live via the booking form below.
Composites UK Members: £105 + VAT (Login first to reveal discounted price. Contact us with issues)
ADS Members: £125 + VAT (Contact us if unsure of the discount code for use at checkout)
Non-members: £165 + VAT
Options when booking:
- Conference only
- Conference plus SME meeting with ATI at lunchtime to understand how to develop your business in the aerospace sector
Bookings are non-refundable but can be transferred to a colleague if you can no longer attend. Contact us with their information.
This event has been approved for Professional Development by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining.
Registrations on 18th April 2018
We will be out of the office at our Annual Conference on 18th April and therefore may not be able to respond to any bookings or enquiries made for the aerospace showcase on this date. We will do our best to do so however the joining information (map and programme) has been uploaded below for your convenience.