Composites UK is working jointly alongside the Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG) on its next Automotive Sector Showcase event.
The automotive industry has two very distinct parts: the large-volume sector and the specialist area producing modified or complete vehicles in small numbers. The challenges of each are different and this is reflected in the way car manufacturers approach the use of composites.
In the large-volume sector, a large percentage of the cost is in the capital plant needed for manufacture and so once the required equipment has been procured and commissioned it is very costly to change the design of a component. This naturally makes the industry very conservative, and encourages extensive prototype testing in both real and simulated environments of any new system before the investment is made.
In small-volume production, however, the manufacturing operations are much less capital intensive and so the resistance to change in material is somewhat less.
Exact timings will be announced soon!
08:30 - 09:15 Registration
09:15 Conference Start
15:15 Conference End (Optional tour of WMG's Materials Engineering Centre and a demonstration will follow)
- Aston Martin Lagonda - Roland Snell, Senior Manager for Body Structures Innovation and Technology
- Ford Motor Company - Alan Banks, Suspension Manager
- Jaguar Land Rover - Nuno Lourenço, Senior Manager Body Engineering
- Composites Leadership Forum - Speaker TBA
- Creative Composites - John Lutton, Sales and Marketing Manager
- Expert Tooling and Automation - R&D Programme Manager
- Gestamp - Tom Larsen, R&D Technical Centre Manager
- Surface Generation - Alasdair Ryder, Special Projects Engineer
- University of Nottingham - Nick Warrior, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- WMG - Rachel Weare, Lead Engineer - Structure Composite Manufacturing
All of our exhibition space is now reserved. Contact us to be added to the waiting list.
Other sponsorship options are available. Click here for details.
Composites UK Members: £135.00 + VAT
Non-members: £270.00 + VAT
Students: £75 + VAT (Strictly limited places, contact us from your university email address for the coupon code)
Note that only one place can be booked at a time. Please repeat the process to book multiple places.
There will also be an opportunity to take a tour of the composites research and development facilities available at WMG at the end of the event. If interested please select the 'Conference + WMG Tour' option when booking below.