The end of the transition period means businesses should take action now to prepare for guaranteed changes and new rules from January 2021. To support business preparations the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is hosting free webinars to help you check the new rules and understand the actions to take.
The Materials session takes place at 11:00 on Tuesday 20 October; register here. The programme includes:
- Checking your goods comply with regulations in Great Britain and in the EU
- Preparing for changes to importing and exporting
- Classifying goods manufactured in more than one country
- Checking the tariffs that will apply to goods you import
- Understanding new measures to protect against unfair import practices
- Complying with UK REACH chemical regulations
- Hiring staff from outside of the UK
- Shipping waste
See the full schedule and sign up to for live sessions here. Following the initial broadcast the webinars will be available on demand.