What’s this webinar about?
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week – and with a focus on road transport – this session will discuss the role emerging technologies are playing, supported by standards, in helping deliver zero-emission/carbon transport and vehicles.
Speakers from across the transport sector will also explore zero-emission enabling technologies including battery EVs, materials, power electronics, motors and drives (PEMD), and technology for use in freight and HGVs.
The webinar will conclude with a roundtable discussion and a Q & A.
Who should attend the webinar?
- Vehicle manufacturers
- The automotive/vehicle supply chain
- Transport providers and operators
- Local authorities
What will participants gain?
- A deeper understanding of how the technologies that contribute to carbon emissions connect
- Greater visibility of BSI’s involvement in and contribution to UK innovation programmes such as the Faraday Battery Challenge and Driving the Electric Revolution
- The opportunity to ask questions of our experts
- A post-event copy of all presentations and a recording of the webinar
14:00 - 14:20 Introductions and overview / Key trends and Drivers – Katerina Busuttil, Senior Standards Manager, British Standards Institution (BSI)
14:20 - 15:00 Spotlight On ‘what technologies can contribute towards achieving zero-emission transport’
1. Faraday Battery Challenge – Jacqui Murray, Deputy Director Faraday Battery Challenge, Innovate UK
2. Future of materials light-weighting – Stella Job, Sustainability Manager, Composites UK
3. Developing a power electronics supply chain – Alastair McGibbon, Head of Collaborative R&D, Compound Semiconductor Applications Catapult and AESIN PEMD Workstream Lead
4. Zero-emission technologies in Freight Transport – Anthony Velazquez, Head of Environment and Decarbonisation, TRL
15:00 - 15:20 Q&A Chaired by Katerina Busuttil, Senior Standards Manager, British Standards Institution (BSI)
15:20 End of the webinar