Our online 2021 annual conference will look at Composites Enabling Net Zero - How FRPs Can Help the Fight to Reduce Carbon Emissions.
Chaired by Dr. Faye Smith, Avalon Consultancy and Vice Chair of Composites UK
- 2.00 – 2.05 Chairman’s Welcome - John Toner, Teledyne CML Composites and Chair of Composites UK
- 2.05 – 2.10 Overview of Composites UK - Dr. Sue Halliwell, Operations Manager, Composites UK
- 2.10 – 2.20 UK Policy Direction and a Vision for Manufacturing and Materials - Dr. Neil Witten, Innovation Lead - Advanced Materials, Innovate UK
Composites and the Green Revolution: An Overview
- 2.20 – 2.30 An overview of the UK Composites Industry in Numbers - David Bailey, CEO, Composites UK
- 2.30 – 2.40 Overview of the New Growth Opportunities for UK Composites Industry - Enrique Garcia, CTO, National Composites Centre
- 2.40 – 2.50 The Importance of Sustainability to the UK Composites Industry - Craig Carr, Technology Director Integrated Composite Structures, GKN Aerospace and Chair of the Composites Leadership Forum
Composites and the Green Revolution: Sector Focus
- 2.50 – 3.00 Aerospace - Turlough McMahon, Composite Technologist, Airbus
- 3.00 – 3.10 Ground Transport - Alan Banks, UK Lightweight Innovation Manager, Ford Motor Company
- 3.10 – 3.20 Construction - James Henderson, Technical Director, Atkins
- 3.20 – 3.30 Composites and the Green Revolution – Getting the Message Out - Malcolm Forsyth, Composites UK
- 3.30 Close
- 3.30 – 5.00 Virtual networking on Airmeet (Optional)
Annual General Meeting
This event follows our 2021 AGM. If you are a member of Composites UK and would like to attend this you will need to register separately. Click here for details.
Click here to view the sponsorship package for this event.
Registration for this event is now closed. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss purchasing the recording.