Organised by Composites UK
This webinar will provide a clear understanding of what Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is, why it is an increasingly important tool going forward to help understand the total “through life” costs, what capability is available to help composite manufacturers and some examples of how composite companies are benefiting from using LCAs.
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions of our panel of speakers and then a virtual networking opportunity for individual or small group discussions.
What you will gain by attending
- Increase awareness & understanding in the UK Composites supply chain of the nature and use of LCA as a key tool for assessing sustainability.
- Increase understanding of “through life” costs which is often a key selling point for use of composites.
- Highlight UK centres of expertise/knowledge and key contact people.
- Showcase some resources already available to industry and examples of LCA use.
- Provide an opportunity for Q&A and panel discussion.
- Provide an opportunity for follow-up and networking afterwards.
- Overall, raise CUK’s profile as a leading supporter of greater LCA capability in the UK composites supply chain.
Presentations - 10am - 11.10am
Panel discussion - 11.10am - 11.40am
Virtual networking - 11.40am - 12.30pm
- Introduction, programme overview and Composites UK overview
Malcolm Forsyth, Sustainability Manager, Composites UK
- What is Life Cycle Thinking and why does it matter?
Louis Brimacombe, Chairman - Sustainable Development Group, IOM3
- Introduction to LCA and its application at the NCC
Sophie Parsons, LCA Specialist, NCC
- The EuCIA Ecocalculator – a proven tool for the Composites industry
Jaap Van Der Woude, Chairman, EuCIA
- Applications of LCA in Performance Sailing
Amy Munro, Sustainability Officer, 11th Hour Racing
- Software tools to make more sustainable products, faster
Steven Brown, New Technology Development Manager, Scott Bader
This event will include around an hour of virtual networking where you can speak directly with speakers and other attendees.
Click here to view the sponsorship package for this event.
Registration for this webinar is now closed.
If you would like to enquire about purchasing access to the recording, please email email@example.com. The recording costs £50 + VAT for members and £100 + VAT for non members.