This webinar will look at how the rail industry could exploit the potential of fibre polymer composites as a low carbon construction material in order to address some of the critical challenges it currently faces. The green credentials of the material will be discussed as well as the presentation of case studies demonstrating their wide application across the sector.
Reduced lifecycle costs, the ability to employ quick installation methods through pre-fabrication and the corrosion resistant nature of fibre polymer composites offers further environmental benefits alongside cost savings.
Who should attend?
Asset owners, specifiers, designers
Chaired by Andy Cross, Network Rail.
- 10:00am - Introduction
- 10:05am - About Composites UK
Charlotte White, Supply Chain Relationship Manager, Composites UK
- 10:10am - Challenges Facing the Rail Sector: How UPCRII is Working Towards a Solution
Jonathan Howard, GRP Business Development Manager – Rail, Dura Composites
- 10:25am - Sustainability and Composites
Neil Appleton, Construction Lead, National Composites Centre
- 10:40am - Developing a Lightweight, Low-Cost Footbridge Application
Julien Sellier, Managing Director, STRUCTeam
- 10:55am - Lightweight Durable Materials for High-Speed Rail Networks
Rob Dean, Head of Route Engineering, HS1
- 11:10am - Northern Powerhouse Rail - Improving Connectivity to Unlock Opportunity
Tim Wood, Northern Powerhouse Rail Director, Transport for the North
- 11:25am - Virtual Networking over on Airmeet – Meet the speakers and other attendees!
- 12:30pm - Close
The presentations at this event will be delivered via Zoom from 10am - 11:20am, followed by online networking at virtual tables on Airmeet until 12:30pm. Here you can talk to speakers and other attendees.
Click here to view the sponsorship package for this event.
Register through the payment link below.
- Composites UK members must login to the website first before the discounted rate will appear. Contact us if you don't have a login.
- Currently, you can only book one place at a time on our system. Please repeat the process to register multiple people.
- You will not receive the login details for the webinar straight after booking. This will be sent out nearer the time so please ensure you block the time in your calendar.