Join us online for Recomp 2020 to learn about recent developments in re-use, recycling, recovery, re-purposing of fibre reinforced polymer composite parts, fibres and resins. The event includes feedback from major international projects including Dreamwind, EcoBulk, FiberEUse and Re-Wind.
Monday 23rd November
1pm: Tutorial: Life Cycle Assessment of Composites and the EcoCalculator Tool with Jaap van der Woude, EuCIA
3pm: Tutorial: How to use Recycled Carbon Fibre in Manufacturing, ELG Carbon Fibre
Tuesday 24th November
12.30pm: Session 1: Strategic Priorities and Life Cycle Assessment
CHAIR: STEVEN BROWN, SCOTT BADER
- Introduction to Composites UK & Sustainability Activities - Stella Job, Composites UK
- Priorities for a Sustainable Future for Composites - Vicky Summers, National Composites Centre
- EuCIA Actions for Life Cycle Assessments and Recycling: An Update - Jaap van der Woude, EuCIA
- Wind Turbine Blade Waste Prediction and its Environmental Impact by 2050 - Fanran Meng & Dr. Jon McKechnie, University of Nottingham
- Recycled Carbon Fibre: A Sustainable Solution for High Volume Manufacturing - Camille Seurat, ELG Carbon Fibre
3pm: Session 2: Feedback from Major International Projects
CHAIR: KERRY KIRWAN, WMG
- Vestas Sustainability Strategy and Partner Projects - Allan Poulsen, Vestas Wind Systems
- Re-Wind: Driving Innovation to Explore Sustainable Re-Use of Decommissioned Wind Turbine Blades - Prof. Jennifer McKinley, Queens University Belfast
- FiberEUse: Large Scale Demonstration of New Circular Economy Value-Chain Based on the Reuse of End-of Life Fibre Reinforced Composites - Prof. Marcello Colledani, Politechnico di Milano
- Ecobulk: The Circular Economy of GFRP Composites: Demonstration of New Products Using Recycled Composites - Olivia Bertham, Oakdene Hollins
Wednesday 25th November
10am: Session 3: Manufacturing with Recycled Carbon Fibre
CHAIR: TIM YOUNG, NCC
- Manufacture of Automotive Panels and Tooling from Recycled Carbon Fibres - John McQuilliam, Prodrive Composites
- Developing a Compression Moulded Complex Geometry Component with Unidirectional Recycled Carbon Fibre SMC - Dr. Zhe Liu, Lightweight Manufacturing Centre, National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS)
- Welded Compression Moulded Parts Based on Thermoplastic Carbon UD Tape Factory Waste - Maarten Labordus, KVE Composites Group
- Re-Use and Recycling of Continuously Reinforced Thermoplastic CRFP Material - Christian Braun, Ensinger Composites Schweiz
- Monitoring Degradation in Multiple Cycles of Injection Moulded Recycled Carbon Fibre / Polyamide Composites - Dr.Peter Wilson, Warwick Manufacturing Group
12.30pm: Session 4: Effective GRP Recycling and Re-Use
CHAIR: ROBERTO FRASSINE, POLITECHNICO DI MILANO
- Towards a Cost-Effective Recycling Process for GRP Waste - Dr. Liu Yang and Dr. Kyle Pender, University of Strathclyde
- Chemical Recycling of Blades - Pilot Scale Testing in DecomTools Project - Nina Vielen-Kallio, Virol BV
- Sustainability Analysis of a Pedestrian Bridge made from Repurposed Wind Turbine Blades - Angela Nagle, University College Cork
- Recovery of Construction Elements from Wind Turbine Blades - Jelle Joustra, TU Delft
- RETRACKING: Smart Solutions for Mechanically Recycled GRP in Construction and Retail Applications - Giorgio Betteto, Gees Recycling
3pm: Session 5: Fibre Alignment and Recyclable Resins, followed by Panel Discussion
CHAIR: MARCELLO COLLEDANI, POLETECHNICO DI MILANO
- The Upscaling of The Hiperdif Technology Towards Industrial Manufacturing Volumes - Lourens Blok, University of Bristol
- Highly Orientated Thermoplastic Tapes from Recycled Carbon Fibre - Michael Sauer, Fraunhofer
- Recyclamine® - Novel Amine Building Blocks for a Sustainable World - Andreas Palinsky, Aditya Birla Chemicals
- Panel Discussion with Alan Banks, Ford; Allan Poulsen, Vestas Wind Systems A/S; Jaap van der Woude, EuCIA; Thomas Turner, University of Nottingham; Steven Brown, Scott Bader; chaired by Stella Job, Composites UK
We're using Airmeet! You can have your very own virtual table to speak to our attendees over the course of the conference.
Registration is being taken through Eventbrite.
Tutorials: £30 + VAT each (Composites UK Member) | £50 + VAT each (Non-Member)
- Both days: £140 + VAT (Composites UK Member) | £280 + VAT (Non-Member)
- One day: £80 + VAT (Composites UK Member) | £150 + VAT (Non-Member)
Discounts available on the main conference for members of our sustainability sub-group (one free place per company); members/employees of our partner organisations (25%) and students (50%).
Please contact us for the relevant discount codes.
We'll be using Airmeet - a new online platform which allows for networking between sessions meaning you get more value from attending.