This webinar will look at the use of fibre polymer composites in the manufacturing of lightweight enclosures for electric vehicles.
Battery enclosures for electric vehicles have a primary purpose of holding and protecting the battery cells. They come in different shapes and sizes, and much like other vehicle parts, are an arena for several materials fighting for prominence. A lighter battery box has a positive knock-on effect on the entire vehicle design. With lighter vehicle weight attributed to the battery enclosures, smaller batteries and a reduced engine sizes are required to haul a lighter vehicle.*
Chaired by Alan Banks, UK Innovation Supervisor - Commercial Vehicles, Ford Motor Company
- 10:00am - Introduction
- 10:05am - About Composites UK
Charlotte White, Supply Chain Relationship Manager, Composites UK
- 10:10am - Representing Composites on the BSI Committee for Secondary Cell and Batteries
Nick Smith, Technical Director, SHD Composites
- 10:25am - How Composite Pultrusion Brings Value for BEV Battery Enclosure Design and Manufacturing
Jari Sopanen, Segment Owner Transportation, Vehicle Solutions, Exel Composites
- 10.40am - Multi-Materials for Designing New Battery Box Structures
Joe Dobson, Development Engineer & Lyndon Sanders, Director, FAR-UK
- 10:55am - Application of Functionalised Non-Woven Veils in the Composite EV Battery Enclosure Market
Neil Gray, Business Development Manager, Technical Fibre Products
- 11.10am - Composites for Net-Zero Propulsion
Paul Gallen, Sales Director, Hankuk UK
- 11:25am - Automated Manufacturing Solutions for Thermoset, or Thermoplastic Battery Boxes
Joe Summers, Commercial Director, Airborne
- 11:40am - Virtual Networking over on Airmeet – Meet the speakers and other attendees!
- 12:30pm - Close (Airmeet will however be kept running for longer should conversations still be happening)
The presentations at this event will be delivered via Zoom from 10am - 11:25am, followed by online networking at virtual tables on Airmeet until 12:30pm. Here you can talk to speakers and other attendees.
Click here to view the sponsorship package for this event.
Thank you to the following organisations for supporting this webinar. Their members receive at 25% off code for this event. Please contact them for details.
Registration is now closed for this webinar. If you would like to purchase the recording, please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.