This webinar will look at the use of fibre polymer composites in the manufacturing of lightweight enclosures for electric vehicles.
Battery enclosures for electric vehicles have a primary purpose of holding and protecting the battery cells. They come in different shapes and sizes, and much like other vehicle parts, are an arena for several materials fighting for prominence. A lighter battery box has a positive knock-on effect on the entire vehicle design. With lighter vehicle weight attributed to the battery enclosures, smaller batteries and a reduced engine sizes are required to haul a lighter vehicle.*
Chaired by Alan Banks, UK Innovation Supervisor - Commercial Vehicles, Ford Motor Company
- 10:00am - Introduction
- 10:05am - About Composites UK
- 10:10am - Representing Composites on the BSI Committee for Secondary Cell and Batteries
Nick Smith, Technical Director, SHD Composites
- 10:25am - How Composite Pultrusion Brings Value for BEV Battery Enclosure Design and Manufacturing
Jari Sopanen, Segment Owner Transportation, Vehicle Solutions, Exel Composites
- 10:40am - TBC
Adam Black, Business Development Director, Technical Fibre Products
- 10:55am - Creating A Glass Epoxy Prepreg that Meets the New Chinese Thermal Event Standard
Paul Gallen, Sales Director, Hankuk UK
- 11:10am - Automated Manufacturing Solutions for Thermoset, or Thermoplastic Battery Boxes
Joe Summers, Managing Director, Airborne
- 11:25am - Virtual Networking over on Airmeet – Meet the speakers and other attendees!
- 12:30pm - Close
The presentations at this event will be delivered via Zoom from 10am - 11:25am, followed by online networking at virtual tables on Airmeet until 12:30pm. Here you can talk to speakers and other attendees.
Click here to view the sponsorship package for this event.
Register through the payment link below.
- Composites UK members must login to the website first before the discounted rate will appear. Contact us if you don't have a login.
- Currently, you can only book one place at a time on our system. Please repeat the process to register multiple people.
- You will not receive the login details for the webinar straight after booking. This will be sent out nearer the time so please ensure you block the time in your calendar.
*Taken from this article, written by one of our speakers, Jari Sopanen, Exel Composites.