This webinar is organised by Composites UK
This webinar will give a brief overview of the types of Intellectual Property relevant to those in the composites industry, before moving on and delving into more detail surrounding patents.
It will cover:
- Overview of Intellectual Property - patents, designs, trademarks, copyright
- The function of patents and when they might be useful (or when trade secrets may be more appropriate). E.g. New composite development, manufacturing, products incorporating new composite materials.
- What constitutes an invention, with particular focus on examples of composites patents that have been successful.
- A brief overview of what is in involved in the process of a patent application.
- Practical tips regarding confidentiality (e.g. NDAs), tax relief via patent box, and R&D funding.
Examples featuring how this is relevant to the composites industry will be used throughout.
About the speaker
Mark Scott is a Partner and UK & European Patent Attorney for Elkington + Fife. Mark has a background in Chemistry and prior to becoming a patent attorney worked as a research scientist for the Ministry of Defence (MOD) at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratories (DSTL). The majority of Mark’s work is now in the Materials Science field, with several of his clients having large composite materials research programs.
Registration is available through Eventbrite here: https://ipcomposites.eventbrite.co.uk
Members: £25 + VAT (check if your company is a member here)
Non-Members: £50 + VAT
10% of your registration fee will be donated to YoungMinds - our chosen charity for 2020.