Staff development is a vital part of running any successful business and is key for your success and that of the composites industry in the UK. Retraining and upskilling existing employees via CPD is as key to this success as training those new to the workforce, whether that’s ensuring composites knowledge in relevant degree courses or engaging in apprenticeship schemes.
This FREE TO ATTEND workshop, run by the Workforce Development Group of the Composites Leadership Forum, brings together a broad range of industry representatives along with key suppliers of workforce development in the further educational market. Through this workshop we hope to identify both the skills shortages faced by industry now and to capture ideas about future needs along with views on the best ways to address those shortages in time.
Representatives from both large organisations and SMEs are encouraged to attend to ensure that we have feedback from across the whole market.
After setting the scene with presentations on the predicted skills gap and current available training options, there will be 2 interactive workshop sessions covering:
- The current training provision - what works and what doesn't, what are the gaps?
- What is needed for the future to meet business requirements.
- WHO needs training;
- WHAT do they need training in;
- HOW should they be trained;
- WHEN does this need to be delivered by
The event will cover the full spectrum of training requirements:
- workplace skills
- apprenticeships - L2, L3
- higher level apprenticeships
- higher education and qualifications
- workforce CPD
- industrial short courses
Who should attend?
- Business owners / leaders and those responsible for or interested in workforce development across all market segments
- Education and training establishments currently providing or interested in providing composites short courses, CPD and Apprenticeships.
- Anyone involved in or interested in training within the Composites sector
Registration is open to all free-of-charge* and bookings can be made online via the link below. The event will start at 9.30am and close at 4.00pm.
There is an option to add on a tour of the University of Nottingham facilities however please note this is to be confirmed.