Mexico is the biggest vehicle producer in Latin America and COVID 19 and the new US Mexico Canada trade agreement both have significant implications for the sector and how UK exporters or investors should approach it. Join this webinar to hear more from the General Director of the Nuevo Leon Automotive Cluster of around 100 firms, DIT Mexico’s Head of Trade and Investment for Automotive and Advanced Engineering and sector specialists from DIT, Santander and Altios.
- Welcome & Introduction - Andy Smith from the Midlands Engine/DIT West Midlands.
- Quick overview of the national context re COVID-19 and economic impact – Alejandra Rodriguez, DIT Mexico/Head of Trade and Investment for Automotive and Adv Engineering.
- Export Opportunities in Mexico by Jay Nagley – R&D Specialist for Automotive, DIT.
- The automotive sector in Mexico and impact of USMCA & COVID-19 – Manuel Montoya – General Director for Nuevo Leon Automotive Cluster.
- Altios role in market & tangible export & M & A opportunities in wake of COVID- 19 - Fanny Zunino – Altios.
- Santander support in market and financial implications of the pandemic - Paul Brooks – Head of Automotive for Santander.
- Overview of SMMT & its international work - Ruta Aisthorpe – Head of International and Events SMMT.
- Q&A with Manuel Montoya, General Director for Nuevo Leon Automotive Cluster - Dialogue with Paul Brooks.
- Q& A and wrap-up – All Panellists.