Now in its 8th year, the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Summit Europe is Europe’s leading automotive OEM led lightweight materials conference.
The 2019 GALM Europe Summit features a brand new programme with two full days focusing on the theme of High Performance Lightweight Materials for Electric Vehicle Body and Battery Protection Structures.
The conference will analyse how OEMs are becoming increasingly creative in the search for innovative multi-material solutions to reduce car body weight, to improve the vehicle range and overall performance, and ultimately to drive higher volume of BEVs.
Latest confirmed speakers include:
- David Salway, Senior Advanced Concept CAE Engineer, NIO
- Mustafa Basaran, Senior Material and Manufacturing Engineer, Ford Otosan
- Lei Shi, Senior Chief Engineer and Director of Vehicle Attributes, Qoros Auto
- Tobias Link, Researcher and Project Manager, Institute For Chemical Technology
- Fraunhofer ICT, Ahmed Elmarakbi, Professor of Automotive Composites, Member of EU Graphene Flagship Project, Northumbria University, UK
- Mark White, Technical Specialist Lightweight Vehicle Structures, Former OEM Chief Engineer, DSW Automotive
- Nir Kahn, Director of Design, Plasan
- Tomasz Czarnecki, Chief Operations Officer, EconCore
Hot Technical Topics & Innovation Areas For 2019 Include:
AGENDA FOCUS – DAY ONE
- Evaluating Design Guidelines & Requirements To Make Optimal Use Of New Materials For Electrified Body-In-White & Battery Protection Structures
- Comparing Aluminium With Hybrid Composites And Polymers For Optimal Lightweighting Of The Battery Case
- Incorporating High Thermal Conductivity, Lightweight Polymer Materials Into BEV Heat Exchange Systems
- Design Considerations For Optimizing Multi-Material Combinations For Sub- Frame Structures, E-Motors & Carriers
- Application Of Latest Innovations In New Steels Including Super High Strength Steels and The Aluminium Series
- Combining Hybrid Materials To Improve Material Performance Including Stiffness
AGENDA FOCUS – DAY TWO
- Simulation And Modeling Of The BEV During Early Design Phase
- Identifying Approaches to Problems In Simulation Of Fatigue Behaviour And Simulation Of Mechanical And Thermal Joining
- Understanding The Latest Innovative Approaches To The Manufacturing And Joining Of New High Strength Steels And Aluminium Alloys
- How Are Innovations In The Joining Of Plastics Or Thermoplastics To Steel Or Sheet Metal, Or Sheet Aluminum Being Developed For Use In BEV’s?
- Identifying The Advancements Required In Speed And Quality Of 3D Printing for the Automotive Industry
- Improvements in New Technologies For Metal And Composite Additive Manufacturing in Automotive Production Application
For a full agenda and details of our key speakers visit www.global-automotive-lightweight-materials-europe.com/