The next Composites UK sector showcase event takes place on 11th October 2017 in Southampton, looking at the use of composite materials in marine applications.
Fibre-reinforced polymer composites (FRPs) have been used successfully in marine applications for several decades in areas such as radomes and mass structures, super yachts, work boats and leisure craft. More recently FRPs have been used in less well known applications such as bearings, propellers, commercial hatch covers, exhausts and topside structures. The use of glass-fibre composites (GRP) in marine applications was one of the first significant areas of GRP use. It has revolutionised the capability to design and manufacture large composite structures in several sectors. Vessels are made in the UK by a variety of processes, including hand-lay GRP, resin-infusion, thermoplastics and high performance carbon fibre prepreg for racing yachts.
Topics covered by this event (but not limited to):
- Opportunities and challenges for composites in marine applications.
- Technology transfer from other industries.
- Composites recycling
- Life cycle analysis
- Regulations and standards in the marine industry
- Case studies
Call for papers
We have limited programme slots available. Should you have a presentation relevant to any of the above topics please click here to submit an abstract (no more than 200 words) by 14th July 2017 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table-top exhibition space
There is space for up to 15 companies to take a table top display stand at this event for a price of £275 + VAT for members, £450 + VAT for non-members. This price includes:
- 4ft trestle table, one chair, tablecloth, power socket, wifi
- One free delegate place to watch the event presentations (additional company representatives will need to register at the relevant rate below).
- Company name and link back to your website on this page.
- Logo and website link on event emails (sent to 4500 people)
- Logo printed on event programmes.
- Access to the contact details of delegates who opt-in to receiving sponsor information in the registration process.
To book, or should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Additional sponsorship options
If a table-top is not for you there are a few additional sponsorship options. Click here to download the brochure.
Registrations for this event are being taken below.
Composites UK members: £95 + VAT
Non-members: £145 + VAT
Only one booking can be made at a time. For multiple delegates please repeat the process.