NGCC 2015 AGM and Research Showcase Event
23 April 2015, The National Composites Centre, Bristol, UK
The event, which encompasses the NGCC AGM, aims to help people in the broader construction sector understand more about fibre-reinforced composite polymer materials (FRPs), and will take place on Thursday 23rd April 2015 at the National Composites Centre in Bristol, UK.
This year’s event will focus on research and development within construction and speakers are from the universities of Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, Warwick, Sheffield and Southampton, who will provide short research overview presentations. This will be followed a tour of the NCC’s facilities.
Who should attend?
NGCC Members, Architects, Contractors, Designers, End Users, Manufacturers, Material Suppliers, Specifiers, Universities.
- 09:30 - Registration for AGM – NGCC members only
- 10:00 - NGCC AGM
- 11:00 - Showcase registration
- 11:30 - Dr Mithila Achintha – Lecturer in Structural Engineering, University of Southampton
- 11:50 - Professor J. Toby Mottram – University of Warwick and School of Engineering
- 12:10 - Dr Wendel Sebastian – Reader in Structural Engineering, University of Bristol
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - Professor Pete Walker – Director, BRE Centre in Innovative Construction Materials, Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering, University of Bath
- 13:50 - Dr Janet Lees – Reader in Structural Engineering, University of Cambridge
- 14:10 - Maurizio Guadagnini – Senior Lecturer in Civil and Structural Engineering, University of Sheffield
- 14:30 - NCC facility tour
- 15:30 - Close
Registration costs £35 (ex VAT) for members and £50 (ex VAT) for non-members. Please click here for a registration form.