Out-of-Autoclave (OOA) processing of composites has come a long way since its humble origins.
The automotive sector is looking to processes such as high pressure RTM and press forming to give the required rate and quality of finished component, whilst the aerospace sector is using resin infusion under flexible tooling to produce primary structure.
This event will give industry and researchers the opportunity to share their experiences and challenges in OOA processes for manufacture of composite parts. The programme is now available and includes themes on flow processes, materials, preforming, manufacturing and novel heating methods.
Building on the successful “Joining of Composites” Event which took place earlier this year, The Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) is again working in partnership with the Irish Composites Centre (IComp) to bring you this cross-border event.
- Process monitoring for resin transfer moulding; Jasmin Stein, TWI
- Out-of-Autoclave Technologies for High Volume Applications; Peter Quigley, CCP Gransden
- Moving to thermoplastic composites for automotive structural parts; Virginia Bozsak, ARKEMA
- Fully recyclable epoxy based composite for out of autoclave processing; Gianluca Cicala, University of Catania
- 3D Woven Preforms for High-Pressure Resin Transfer Moulding; Hassan El-Dessouky, AMRC
- Rapid and low-cost manufacturing insights from ShapeTex technology; Glen Pascoe, SHAPE Machining Ltd
- Out-of-autoclave consolidation and assembly of aerospace structures; Michael Flanagan, ÉireComposites Teo
- Taking the high energy demand Out of Autoclave Processing of Composites; John Summerscales, University of Plymouth
- Manufacturing Composite Materials; Michael Collins, Penso
- An Investigation of the Impact of a Thermoplastic Toughening Interlayer on an Infusion Manufacturing Process Niamh Nash, Irish Composites Centre (IComp)
- Direct forming of powder-impregnated thermoplastic composites: experimental characterisation and modelling of the shear behaviour; Théo Baumard, Queen’s University Belfast
- Out of Autoclave Composites Processing Using Infrared; Findhan Strain of Comeragh Composites and Peter Marshall of Ceramicx
- HP-RTM process: Attitudes and Challenges; Lewis Munshi, National Composites Centre and University of Bristol
- Commercial Manufacture of Low Cost Advanced Thermoplastic Composites; Saul Buchanan, Juno Composites Ltd
- Automated Preforming using Braiding Techniques; Brendan Kirwan, Burgmann Packings
- Rapid processing of thermoplastic composites using Smart susceptors, Ananda Roy, Irish Composites Centre (IComp)
- Advancement in Resin Infusion Technology For Manufacture of High Quality Aerospace Components & Future Automation Will Harris, Composite Integration
- Microwave Curing of Composites Betime Nuhiji, AMRC
- Title TBC TenCate Advanced Composites, Jed Illsley, TENCATE
- Novel Epoxy Powder Composites for Out-of-Autoclave Manufacturing of Large Structures
- Conchur Ó Brádaigh, University of Edinburgh
The full details and abstract information can be seen here.
To register please visit the event registration page.
Composites UK members receive a 20% discount at this event. Click here to obtain the discount code (login required).