We're looking for speakers for this brand new event.
Join us at the stunning Oculus building on the University of Warwick Campus, to learn about recent developments in re-use, recycling, recovery, re-purposing of fibre reinforced polymer composite parts, fibres and resins. The event is expected to include feedback from major international projects including Dreamwind, EcoBulk, FiberEUse and Re-Wind.
This event will be preceded on the 18th May 2020 with the following optional activities:
- A tour of ELG Carbon Fibre
- A tour of WMG
- Tutorials on use of recovered carbon fibre and life cycle assessment
- Networking dinner
Call for Abstracts
Presentations will include university research through to practical end-of-life solutions, and a call for the industry to play its part in circular design, to optimise waste management practice and to maximise the ongoing value of resources.
Topics may include (all in the context of FRP composites):
- Feedback from research projects in this area
- New/developing fibre/resin recovery processes
- Manufacturing with recycled fibres
- Design for disassembly and re-use
- Life cycle impact related to recycling/re-use
- Legislative and societal drivers
- Circular materials e.g. resins to enable easier recovery of fibres and matrix
- Recycling of thermoplastic composites as well as thermoset
- Sector specific end of life considerations, e.g. wind blades, aircraft, boats, vehicles
- Case studies of commercial applications in any of the above
Abstracts should be submitted by close of business on 17th January 2020, using this link (no more than 200 words).
If selected, speaker places at this event will be charged at £50 + VAT to cover costs.
Registration and Sponsorship
Details on registration, exhibition and sponsorship opportunities will be available soon. If you would like us to email you when this is announced, please click here.