Join us at the stunning Oculus building on the University of Warwick Campus, to learn about recent developments in re-use, recycling, recovery, re-purposing of fibre reinforced polymer composite parts, fibres and resins. The event is expected to include feedback from major international projects including Dreamwind, EcoBulk, FiberEUse and Re-Wind.
Please note: The main conference is on Tuesday 19th May, with tours, tutorials and dinner on Monday 18th as below.
Monday 18th May
Build your own day choosing the relevant options in the booking process:
- 10am: A tour of ELG Carbon Fibre*
- 2pm: Tutorial on Life cycle assessment of composites and the EcoCalculator tool (Jaap van der Woude, EuCIA)
Life Cycle Analysis allows, through a standardized procedure, the calculation of environmental footprints of products and processes in terms of key impact parameters. EuCIA has developed a web-based, free tool (http://ecocalculator.eucia.eu), “Ecocalculator”, that can be used by all stakeholders without in-depth knowledge to calculate the LCA-footprint of composite products. This tutorial will review the method and use of this unique Ecocalculator tool.
4pm: Tutorial on How to use recycled carbon fibre in manufacturing (Ben Andrews & Camille Seurat, ELG Carbon Fibre)*
Attendees will learn how recycled carbon fibre (rCF) composites are manufactured and moulded to create lightweight and detailed components. For the correct application and volumes, rCF composites have the potential to meet business case and improve dimensional stability and paintability.
- 2pm: or 4pm Tour of Warwick Manufacturing Group
- 7pm: Networking dinner at the Clarendon Arms with tour of Kenilworth Castle included (Tour TBC)
* Delegates attending these sessions will be vetted by ELG Carbon Fibre who reserve the right to decline your registration. In this case you will be notified before the event and refunded the attendance for the ELG sessions, but not for any travel or accommodation.
Tuesday 19th May
MAIN RECOMP CONFERENCE
Exact timings will be announced soon, however the day will run from 9am through to 6pm (8.30am registration).
Introduction, Life Cycle Analysis and Legislation
- Introduction to Composites UK and Sustainability Activities - Stella Job
- Priorities for a Sustainable Future for Composites - Lucy Eggleston, National Composites Centre
- EuCIA actions for Life Cycle Assessments and Recycling: An update - Jaap van der Woude, EuCIA
- Wind Turbine Blade Waste Prediction and Its Environmental Impact By 2050 - Fanran Meng & Jon McKechnie, University of Nottingham
- Recycled Carbon Fibre: A Sustainable Solution for High Volume Manufacturing - Camille Seurat, ELG Carbon Fibre
Feedback from Major International Projects
- Re-Wind: Driving Innovation to Explore Sustainable Re-use of Decommissioned Wind Turbine Blades - Prof Jennifer McKinley, Queen's University Belfast
- FiberEUse: Large Scale Demonstration of New Circular Economy Value-Chains Based on the Reuse of End-of-Life Fibre Reinforced Composite - Marcello Colledani, Politecnico di Milano
- Ecobulk: The circular economy of GFRP composites: Demonstration of new products using recycled composites - Markku Vilkki, Conenor
Choose one from the following...
Manufacturing with Recycled Carbon Fibre
Manufacture of Automotive Panels and Tooling from Recycled Carbon Fibre
Developing a Compression Moulded Complex Geometry Component with Unidirectional Recycled Carbon Fibre SMC
Welded Compression Moulded Parts Based on Thermoplastic Carbon UD Tape Factory Waste
Re-Use and Recycling of Continuously Reinforced Thermoplastic CRFP Materia - Christian Braun, Ensinger Composites Schweiz
Effective GRP Recycling and Re-Use
Towards a Cost-Effective Recycling Process for GRP Waste
Chemical Recycling of Blades - Pilot Scale Testing in DecomTools Project
Sustainability Analysis of a Pedestrian Bridge made from Repurposed Wind Turbine Blades
Recovery of Construction Elements from Wind Turbine Blades
Fibre Alignment and Recyclable Resins
- The Upscaling of The Hiperdif Technology Towards Industrial Manufacturing Volumes - Lourens Blok, University of Bristol
- Highly Orientated Thermoplastic Tapes from Recycled Carbon Fibre - Michael Sauer, Fraunhofer
- Recyclamine® - Novel Amine Building Blocks for a Sustainable World - Speaker TBC, Aditya Birla Chemicals
Table-Top Exhibition Space
Table top exhibition spaces for the duration of the main conference on 19th May are available at this event but are extremely limited (10 max).
These are priced at £350 + VAT for members and £550 + VAT for non-members. This price includes one delegate place.
However, please note that table-tops are located in a public reception and therefore nothing of value should be left unattended.
|Delegate pack inserts||£200*||£450*|
|Literature on reception desk||£125*||£300*|
|Event email sponsor||£350*||n/a|
|Social media posts||£200*||n/a|
* Exc. of VAT. To discuss further please contact us.
Build your conference attendance using the booking form below.
- Tour of ELG: Free to all
- Tutorials: £30 + VAT each (CUK Members) | £40 + VAT each (Partner Members) | £50 + VAT each (Non-Members)
- Tour of WMG: Free to all
- Conference Dinner: £55 + VAT each
- Conference: £140 + VAT each (CUK Members) | £200 + VAT each (Partner Members) | £280 + VAT each (Non-Members)
- One free place for companies in the Sustainability Sub-Group. Contact us for the discount code.
Members: How to Get Your Discount
- Check to see if your company is a member of Composites UK here. If you don't have a login, you can request one.
- Login to this website and visit the Conference Discounts page in the Member Resources area, here. You'll find the discount code you need to reveal the hidden member tickets.
- Click 'Buy Tickets' below.
- In the window that appears, at the top left, click on Enter Promo Code and enter it when prompted.
- The discounted tickets will appear at the top. Add any other elements you wish to attend.
- Add your details and finalise booking.
You can always contact us for the code or with any questions.