These are the terms (Terms) on and subject to which Composites UK Limited (a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 4043143 having its registered office at Audley House, Northbridge Road, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1EH UK) (We, Us, Our) permit you, a business organisation which meets the inclusion criteria described below (Organisation, Company) to submit data regarding the Organisation (Organisation Data) for inclusion and publication in Our specialist directory of organisations and services (Directory).
By submitting data to Us for inclusion for inclusion in the Directory, the Organisation confirms that it accepts these Terms. If the Organisation does not agree with these Terms, it must not submit any data to Us for inclusion in the Directory.
- Inclusion criteria
The Directory is a specialist directory of organisations and services:
- That are members of the trade association Composites UK
- That are members of the National Composites Centre
- That work in the UK composites industry supply chain and are based in the UK
- Whose work is relevant to the UK Composites strategy
Organisations must have one of the following methods of contact available to members of the public: a telephone number to call, an email address, a postal address, or a contact form on their website. All submitted data is stored on the server behind a SSL certificate. By submitting data, the Organisation is agreeing to this public information being shared. It may also be used by Us to signpost business to business enquries.
Examples of organisations that we will include
- Raw material manufacturers
- Manufacturers of composite components
- Material and component distributors
- Equipment and tooling suppliers
- Academic institutes
- Research and technology organisations
- National professional bodies
- Testing and certification facilities
- Software manufacturers
- Service providers
- End user clients
Examples of organisations that we will not include
- Overseas organisations with no UK base
- Organisations with no involvement in the UK composites industry
- Classification of Organisation Data
Organisation Data submitted to Us to inclusion in the Directory is classified as either:
- might include Organisation Data for which there are legal requirements preventing disclosure or financial penalties for disclosure, or data that would cause severe damage to a company if disclosed or modified. Private Data includes personal contact details (other than the point of contact identified below for the purposes of the company’s profile page) and sensitive company information such as supply chain contacts;
- might include information that the data owner feels should be protected to prevent unauthorized disclosure. This could include information used to generate industry reports such as:
- Volume of product/material produced
- Volume of product/material imported/exported
- Staff diversity
- Training needs
Public Data: is Organisation Data that may be freely disseminated. This will form the Company’s profile page on the front end search facility. This will include personal contact details that have been authorised by the Company for public disclosure.
- Directory security
- Access to the Directory is controlled through a formal user registration process beginning with a formal notification from Us.
- Each Organisation is identified by a unique user ID so that organisations and users connected with them can be linked to and made responsible for their actions. The use of group IDs is only permitted where they are suitable for the work carried out.
- Identification codes, passwords of any other piece of information that is provided as part of Our security procedures must be treated as confidential and not disclosed to any third party. We have the right to disable any identification code or password (whether chosen by the Organisation or allocated by Us) at any time, if in Our opinion the Organisation (or any user authorised by it) has failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If the Organisation knows or suspects that anyone other than it or its authorised user knows the user identification code or password, the Organisation must promptly notify Us within 72 hours.
- Each Organisation must approve one member of staff responsible for maintaining the security of their passwords for access to the Directory and the Organisation’s website area. Users will be given access to the Organisation’s page for updating their confidential information; they will not be given access to any other confidential information.
- Validity of Organisation Data and Changes
- Organisations are expected to update their database information annually. All changes made will be verified by Our Industry Data Officer before publication on the Directory.
- All changes made will be logged through the Directory history system.
- We reserve the right to make additions to or deletions from the Directory and modify or otherwise change the Directory without notice.
- Use of information
- Private Data
- Personal contact details will not be shared unless specific authority is given by the Organisation to do so
- Supply chain information will only be shared with Royal Holloway University London (RHUL) to enable them to develop the supply chain tool. This information will not be shared by Us or RHUL with any other sources. Any reports referring to supply chain links published by Us and RHUL will be anonymised or generalised so that the Organisation is not identifiable
- Volume usage/production data will be anonymised for use in any industry reports
- Information designated by the Organisation as internal use only will not be shared with any other sources unless permission to do so is granted by the Organisation .
- Public Data
- This information will be authorised by the Organisation as available for public dissemination and will form the Organisation’s profile page on the front end search engine.
- Access to information
- Public Data
- Any registered user will be able to access Public Data through the front end search engine held on Our website.
- Search results hierarchy
- Composites UK member companies listed first with logo and links to websites
- Non-member companies listed second with links to websites
- Private data
- We will publish a general industry report annually that will be made available to all Composites UK members free of charge. All data will be anonymised and no companies will be identified within such reports.
- Annual industry reports will be available for a fee to non-member companies
- Specialised reports will be published on a case by case basis for a fee. Data within these reports will be anonymised. The level of that fee will be determined by member/non-member and the detail required within the report.
- Content standards
Content submitted for inclusion in the Directory must not:
- contain any material which constitutes or encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law
- contain any material which is defamatory
- contain any material which is sexually explicit, obscene or offensive
- infringe any copyright, database rights, trade mark or other intellectual property right or other right of any other person
- be likely to deceive any person
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or obligation of confidentiality
- be likely to disrupt the Directory in any way
- give the impression it emanates from Us where this is not the case
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act, for example copyright, trade mark infringement, or computer misuse
Failure to comply with these content standards constitutes a material breach of theses Terms and may result in Our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your Organisation’s profile page
- issue of a warning to the Organisation
- legal proceedings against the Organisation for reimbursement of all costs that We have incurred on an indemnity basis (including but not limited to reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- further legal action against the Organisation
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably consider necessary
- in the case of Organisations that are Composites UK members, termination of the Organisation’s membership
- any other action that we reasonably deem appropriate.
- Trade mark licence
The Organisation grants Us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to display the Organisation’s logo (Mark) on its profile page in the Directory. Any goodwill derived from the display of the Mark shall accrue to the Organisation and We agree not to display, publish or otherwise apply or use the Mark except for the purpose of these Terms.
- Applicable law
These Terms, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. You and We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Removal of Data
The Organisation can request the removal of their data at any time by contacting Us. Full removal will be actioned within one month of the request at the longest.