How to comply with chemical regulations from 01 January 2021
From 01 January 2021 EU REACH Regulation will be brought into UK law under UK REACH. The online service ‘Comply with UK REACH’ will go live on 1 January 2021.
UK REACH and the EU REACH regulations will operate independently from each other. Companies that are supplying and purchasing substances, mixtures or articles to and from the EU/EEA/Northern Ireland and Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) will need to take certain actions to be able to continue to access these markets.
Under the Northern Ireland Protocol, the EU REACH Regulation will continue to apply to Northern Ireland, while UK REACH will regulate the access of substances to the GB market.
The role you currently undertake within EU REACH may change under UK REACH, in some cases significantly. It is therefore important that you undertake a review of your role(s) within the EU and UK REACH regimes.
Under UK REACH, manufacturers and importers have a duty to register chemicals that access the UK market.
Composites UK member can access a checklist of key actions they need to take here.
For more information on how to comply with REACH regulations click here.
Find out what you need to do if you are:
- GB-based EU REACH registration holders
- GB-based downstream users or distributors of EU REACH registered chemicals sourced from the EU/EEA or non-qualifying NI good from Northern Ireland who wish to maintain GB market access
- GB-based importers, distributors or formulators of substances sourced from outside the EU/EEA who want to access the EU/EEA market
- GB-based EU REACH authorisation holders
- GB downstream users of EU REACH authorisation held by an EU/EEA or NI-based business
- EU/EEA-based suppliers to Great Britain under UK REACH
- Non-EU/EEA/NI-based exporters to Great Britain under UK REACH
- GB importers or downstream users of qualifying NI goods registered under EU REACH by a business in Northern Ireland
- NI businesses trading Qualifying Northern Ireland Goods (QNIG)