Composites Recycling - Where are we now?
Report released July 2016
A new report, produced by Composites UK and the universities of Birmingham, Nottingham and Manchester has been launched giving details of the current recycling processes available for carbon and glass fibre waste as well as future steps which need to be taken in order to make these processes more commercially viable.
Topics covered in the report are...
- Executive summary
- Introduction - scope, background, market size and waste volumes, challenges to commercialisation, what is commercially active now?
- Recovery process - mechanical, thermal, chemical/thermochemical, cement kiln
- Re-use and application - products from the resin, applications of mechanically recycled composite, application of fibres reclaimed from thermal/chemical processes.
- Environmental impact of composite recycling methods
- Fibre reinforced thermoplastics and recyclable resins
- Applications for dry fibres
- Forward look
To download the report, please click here.