Wednesday 21st June 2023, University of Warwick
Building the Automotive Supply Chain
The automotive sector is increasingly looking to fibre-reinforced polymer composites (FRP) for solutions on weight reduction, recyclability and cost reduction.
This event will focus on the opportunities and challenges of FRPs in the sector via keynote presentations followed by innovative companies who are already providing solutions.
Who Should Get Involved?
- Those looking to find out more information on the use of FRPs in automotive applications.
- Those already in the supply chain looking to form new partnerships.
This event will run from 9.45am (registration will open at 9am) through to approximately 4pm and include an optional tour of the composite manufacturing facility in MEC (Materials Engineering Centre).
- KEYNOTE: Multi-Material Structures for Commercial Electric Vehicle Applications
Alice Swallow – Ford Motor Company Ltd, Gareth Bone – Gestamp, Max Raybone – WMG and Michael Hawrylak – Expert Technologies Group
- Carbon Fibre Filament Winding in Electric Vehicle Automotive Applications
Jonathan DiLorenzo, Technical Lead, AMRC
- 3M Glass Bubbles – Replacing Resin in Fibre-Reinforced Polymer Composites
Darren Hall – 3M
- KEYNOTE: Opportunities for Composites at Jaguar Land Rover
Marcus Henry – Jaguar Land Rover
- Affordable High-Rate Composite Structures (ARCS) (Results from an Innovate UK project)
Matt Smith – AMRC
- The HELAR Project (High Efficiency Lightweight Aerodynamic Rim) – A Fully Composite Automotive Wheel Design
Andy Smith – Carbon ThreeSixty
- Cost-Effective One-shot Forming of High-Strength Alloy based Fibre Metal Laminates (FMLs) for Mass Production of Automotive High-Performance Lightweight components
Nan Li – Imperial College London
- Leveraging Advanced Composites and Additive Manufacturing in Automotive Applications
Kieron Salter – KW Special Projects
- Composite Crash Structures for Road Cars
Tim Hall – Engenuity Ltd
- Chass-e-Cab – Producing an Optimised Electric Vehicle including Novel Composite Structures
Alistair Barnett – Composites Braiding
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities
Sponsorship and table-top exhibitor opportunities are available at this event.
- Composites UK members:* £150 + VAT. Please click here to check your company is a current member of Composites UK before booking.
Booking more than one place? If you’re a member company purchasing more than one delegate place you’re eligible for a further discount of 10%. Please email email@example.com for the promo code. Terms & conditions apply*
- Non-members: £310 + VAT
- Students: £75 + VAT (please book using your university email address to validate this)
- Speakers: £50 + VAT
Booking link: You can book via Eventbrite, here.
Places are non-refundable but can be transferred to a colleague should you no longer be able to attend (but please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org). Joining information is sent around one week before the event so please reserve the space in your calendar after you book.
*Terms & conditions for further 10% member discount: To be eligible for the extra 10% discount, you must book two or more delegate places within the same booking. Places are non-refundable, but can be transferred to other people from your company. Adding an additional delegate at a later date must be done at the full member rate of £150. Bookings abusing the code will be cancelled and refunded, minus the Eventbrite administration fee. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.