6th June 2023, National Composites Centre, Bristol
There are opportunities for composites manufacturers to embrace ‘Industry 4.0’ – the fourth industrial revolution, in order to optimise processes, reduce waste and increase production quality, speed and more.
This event will run from 9.45am (registration will open at 9am) through to approximately 4pm and include an optional tour of the National Composites Centre.
KEYNOTE: The Manufacturing Industry and Deep Tech – What is Hype and What is Reality?
Sindhu Manickam, Senior IIoT Technologist, Digital Catapult
Industry 4.0 In Action
- KEYNOTE: Steps in Adopting IoT in Manufacturing
Ian Gardner, Senior Account Technology Leader, IBM
- In-situ Defect Detection and Correction using Real-Time Automated Fibre Placement
Iryna Tretiak, Research Associate in Composites Characterisation, Bristol Composites Institute
- Moving to Industry 4.0 with Upstream Digital Twins
Andy Barnes, Commercial Director NDE, Adaptix Limited
National Composites Centre and Digitalisation
- KEYNOTE: Digitalisation of Manufacturing
Jonathan Butt, Chief Engineer, National Composites Centre
- Agile Composite Research, Design & Manufacturing
Keith Perrin, VP Agile Engineering & Manufacturing, Authentise
- Digitalizing the Monitoring of the Manufacturing Process of Wind Turbine Blade with Simulations and Machine Learning Approaches
Yann Duplessis Kergomard, Senior Product Innovation Manager, ESI Group
Digitalisation – The Key to Productivity?
- KEYNOTE: Industry 4.0 Maturity of the Composites Manufacturing Industry in the UK
Miroslav Stojkovic, General and Engineering Manager, Airborne UK
- Leveraging AI Solutions to Ramp Up Production and Overcome Industry Challenges
Clive Chitiz, Plataine
- Automating the Quoting of Composite Tooling: A Machine Learning Model
Tim Doole, Chief Operating Officer, Plyable
- Could Metrology Software be the Answer to Eliminating Scrapped Parts?
Aidan Wigham, Technical Account Manager, MSP
- Using AI to Save Money when Curing Composites
Tim Swait, Technical Fellow, University of Sheffield AMRC
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities
Sponsorship and table-top exhibitor opportunities are available at this event.
Composites UK members: £150 + VAT. Please click here to check your company is a current member of Composites UK before booking.
Non-members: £310 + VAT
Students: £75 + VAT (please book using your university email address to validate this)
Speakers: £50 + VAT
You can book via Eventbrite, here.
Places are non-refundable but can be transferred to a colleague should you no longer be able to attend (but please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org). Joining information is sent around one week before the event so please reserve the space in your calendar after you book.