Composites are playing an increasingly important role in all areas of engineering. Light, strong, corrosion-free, composites are ideal candidates for producing novel, light-weight structures.
However, designing composite parts and structures, because of their complexity, has always been a challenge. Simulation has the power to allow companies to meet this challenge head on, by taking advantage of the growing number of sophisticated numerical tools to predict stiffness and strength, analyse the manufacturing process, and help produce optimal designs for composite components and assemblies.
There are a growing number of sophisticated numerical tools to predict the stiffness and strength, to analyse the manufacturing process, and tools that can help produce optimal designs for composite components and composite assemblies.
This NAFEMS seminar will help you understand the issues and how you can use simulation to stay ahead of the game. The seminar will include:
- case studies by materials and design engineering experts
- discussions with leading academics who will assess the state of the art in design, simulation, failure analysis, digital twins, virtual testing and virtual inspection with regards to sustainable materials
- best-practise applications of analysis techniques for composites
- the key decisions to be made in selecting the appropriate modelling methods
- compromises and assumptions required in order to carry out efficient and effective analyses.
This is an opportunity for you to share your experience in modelling sustainable and efficient materials, and gain confidence in applying cutting edge analysis tools to typical composite simulation tasks.
Composites UK Members: A 25% discount applies! Login to the member’s area for details (link will only work if you are signed in).