8th November 2022, London
The Trade Remedies Authority’s inaugural forum is less than a month away and we’re delighted to introduce a range of government, legal and academic speakers who we will be presenting on 8 November.
- Martin Wolf, Chief Economics Commentator, Financial Times: Globalisation or deglobalisation – what is the future of international trade?
- Professor Meredith Crowley, University of Cambridge: The evidence base for the UK’s Economic Interest Test
- Sarah Lee KC, Brick Court Chambers: Transnational subsidies: International developments and factoring these into the TRA’s investigations
- Professor Lorand Bartels, University of Cambridge: Trade and net zero: TRA’s investigations and consideration of environmental and social factors
- Professor Dan Sarooshi KC, Essex Court Chambers: How are trade remedies investigations globally treating domestic market distortions
- Richard Warren (UK Steel), Rob Flello (Ceramics Federation/MTRA), Richard Luff (VBB): The view from industry
The event will be held in central London’s Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Coffee and registration starts at 8:30am. Chair and Chief Executive’s opening address at 9.30am. A buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided and the event will close after a drinks reception around 5.30pm.
It promises to be a day of insight, intelligent and positive debate and networking to raise awareness and understanding of trade remedies in the UK post Brexit.