Composites UK has revealed the shortlist for its 2022 composites industry awards.
The shortlisted entries for each award category are as follows (announced in alphabetical order):
- Innovation in Composite Design: Ford Motor Company & iCOMAT
- Innovation in Composite Manufacture: Composite Integration, Taziker & Zund UK
- Innovation in Composite Materials: Cygnet Texkimp/Longworth/NCC & Lineat
- Sustainability Award | Circularity: Lineat & Prodrive Composites
- Sustainability Award | Net Zero Initiative: Composite Braiding & Jo Bird & Co
- Social Impact Award: Fluency & Leybold UK Ltd
- Employer of the Year: Cristex Composite Materials & Prodrive Composites
- Apprentice of the Year: Britoni Farrer-Williams, McLaren F1 | Jasmine Moore, Fluency
The winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner on 2nd November 2022, taking place at the National Motorcycle Museum. The event coincides with the Advanced Engineering Show at the neighbouring Birmingham NEC.
The Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry award will be presented to Professor Michael Wisnom of the University of Bristol. Prof. Wisnom steps down as Director of the Bristol Composites Institute this year and has been an instrumental part of the UK’s and the international composites ecosystem. We are also happy to announce that special recognition within this category has been awarded to Robert Burnell of PRF Composite Materials who has been a leading advocate for the UK composites industry for over 40 years. More will be told about Michael and Robert’s stories in a press release to follow.
Claire Whysall, Marketing and Communications Manager for Composites UK said: “We’re really pleased with the number of entries into this year’s Industry Awards. We introduced a new ‘Social Impact’ award and divided the sustainability award into two categories to cover both net-zero and circularity initiatives. The high levels of interest really echoes the investment UK companies have in driving composites forward.
“We’re looking forward to another successful dinner and can’t wait to see everyone there.”
The event will be hosted by Dr. Alan Banks of Ford Motor Company, and will see Lorna Carter of The Bristol Gulls deliver an after-dinner speech about their 46-day all female Atlantic row in an eco-boat to fight ocean pollution.
Composites UK would like to thank the event sponsors Zund, Pegbox, Minden Systems, Far-UK, Briar and Rockwood Composites for their support.
Bookings will remain open until a week before the dinner (26th October) with all the details available through the website.