Composites UK has revealed the shortlist for its 2023 composites industry awards. Due to a phenomenal number of entries, more companies have been shortlisted for an award than ever before.
The shortlisted entries for each award category are as follows (announced in alphabetical order):
- Innovation in Composite Design: Carbon ThreeSixty | Chemical Processing Services | FAC Technology | National Composites Centre
- Innovation in Composite Manufacture: Far-UK | GKN Aerospace | Lineat
- Innovation in Composite Materials: PRF Composite Materials | R-Tech Materials | TISICS Metal Composites
- Sustainability Award | Circularity: Gen 2 Carbon | Longworth | Qube Buildings
- Sustainability Award | Net Zero Initiative: Far-UK | SHD Composite Materials | TISICS Metal Composites
- Social Impact: GRP Solutions Ltd (outright winner)
- Employer of the Year: Leybold | R-Tech Materials
- Apprentice of the Year: Matthew Sellers (AMRC) | Marcus Mullins (Leonardo)
- Outstanding Contribution to the Composites Industry Award: Mona Jesri (SM8RT) | Paul Beckett (Total Machining Solutions)
Whilst the winner of the Social Impact Award is already announced as GRP Solutions, the winners of the remaining categories will all be made known at the Awards Dinner on 1st November 2023, taking place at the National Motorcycle Museum. The event coincides with the Advanced Engineering Show at the neighbouring Birmingham NEC.
Claire Whysall, Marketing and Communications Manager for Composites UK said: “We were overwhelmed with the number of entries into this year’s awards. They were all really high quality, reflecting on the innovative work happening right now in the UK’s composites industry by amazing people. We are looking forward to the dinner and can’t wait to see everyone there.”
The event will be hosted by Composites UK’s Sustainability Manager, Malcolm Forsyth, and will see the enthralling Richard Noble OBE from ThrustWSH join the event as the after-dinner speaker.
Composites UK would like to thank the event sponsors Zund, Santander, Pegbox, Minden Systems, and Briar for their support. Limited awards remain available to sponsor.
Bookings will remain open until a week before the dinner (25th October) with all the details available through the website.